Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Awaying Fuzzy Dice Solution

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2011, 09:11 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Awaying Fuzzy Dice Solution

I added fuzzy dice to my mirror. Check out the picture and guess where I got them. Anyway, I have always had trouble with things swaying back and forth hanging on my mirror. It distracts me. So i stuck a metal coat hanger through the rope and bent it over the mirror. It looks like it's freely hanging, but it stays relatively still around curves. Do other drivers have this visual problem?
IMG_5432.JPG
Old 20 May 2011, 09:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Awaying Fuzzy Dice Solution

No, but I'm used to mine. I did get a ticket for "obstruction of view" - but that was better than for speeding which is what I was pulled over for...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 20 May 2011, 10:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

About to say the same thing Don. Down here you can't have anything on the front window that obstructs the view. Most things are overlooked but even the handicapped placard isn't supposed to be hanging from the mirror unless the vehicle is parked.

I have two sets of fuzzy dice but only hang them at shows at cruise-ins.

P.S. Good idea with the metal coat hanger.
Old 20 May 2011, 11:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Against the law here in Michigan to have anything hanging from the mirrior....I got pulled over for a bandana hanging from mine before... lucky just got a warning....
Old 20 May 2011, 11:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I don't know if it's against the law here, but my wife calls me "Safety Man" and I don't like having stuff in front of me. My radar detector is up to the right in front of the passenger seat while my sat/nav is to the left almost to the A pillar. Just don't like anything distracting in front of me.

Used to video some of my trips, like driving the Tail of the Dragon, had a tripod zip-tied to the awshucks handle, but that was too distracting too, so now I have a camera mount in the headrest of the passenger seat so I don't see it. lol
Old 21 May 2011, 06:50 am
Regular Cruiser

Whether it's a law in RI or not, it is not enforced. Many drivers hang things from their mirrors. But now I see what you mean. The dice are obstructing my view. Now they are hanging from my Oh' Sh@t bar.