Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
driver automatic seat panal, ripped off! need to fix it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 May 2011, 07:02 am
Banned

Default driver automatic seat panal, ripped off! need to fix it

This happened several months ago, while a friend of mine was driving the PT the driver seat randomly started moving forwards... all the way! We had to pull off the side of the road, as my friend was not small and the seat was crushing him against the steering wheel. I have no clue what caused the seat to do this, but it wouldn't go back. My friend got frustrated and ripped the panal off. One problem fixed(the seat), but another problem was created... my poor car has a boo-boo. I can't find a replacement anywhere.

It hurts to see this everytime I step into my ride..

and WOW... I need to vacuum badly
Old 21 May 2011, 07:18 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: driver automatic seat panal, ripped off! need to fix it

The clips are ripped completely out, doubt if you'll find that anyplace but a dealer or a salvage yard and yes that floor wants to make me
Old 21 May 2011, 07:33 am
Banned

I guess Ill be calling the dealer soon...
Old 21 May 2011, 10:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Part # for a 2008, I think all are the same:1FW031D5-AA Shield DR 23034122 $190.00 as of 1/14/11. It goes on with 2-3 clips, old clips must be removed first.Your friend owes you, BIG time!!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 23 May 2011, 09:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

That very thing happened to my PT Cruiser today...the molding clips broke. Actually only 2 of the clips are completely broken...the 3rd is barely hanging on. Has anyone had any luck with super-gluing the clips and putting the assembly back in ? I might add the seat works fine....it is just hanging off abit. Thanks

Update....I tried to super-glue the clips back on and that didn't work So now I am searching for the part at some place other than a dealer since I think it
runs around $120 !

Mopar told me that it's part # 1FW031D5AA

http://chryslerparts.mopar.com/chrys...ser-parts.html ...but the price here is $120. I'm going to see if I can find this part from a salvage yard or some used parts location.

Update.... I went to http://www.factorymopar.com/index.ph...partnum=accept an ordered the panal. It only cost $85 plus shipping, etc which was cheaper than anywhere else I found. It was really easy to install and so far so good.

Update....well after a little over a month with the new panel...one of the tabs has broken... geezz...I'm not going to replace it again. When it comes all the way off I will find a way to hold the button up there ! lol

Last edited by CherylM; 21 Sep 2011 at 08:49 pm. Reason: update
Old 24 Jun 2011, 09:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have been through 2 of these panels. (in 2 years) Mine is now held on by a small bungee. I hate to spend another 125 bucks on this poorly designed piece of plastic.

When the first panel broke I tried drilling holes and using long screws to hold it on. That did not last. Bought a new one and it broke in just a few months.

The problem is if you slide in and out of the car and put too much pressure on the panel the clips break.

I need an innovative fix. Any Ideas?
Old 24 Jun 2011, 11:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

looks to me like the edge of the seat is pushing down on the cover and when you sit on it, it pushes even more.
maybe you could put a support between the seat track and underneath the seat just on the door side so it doesn't push down on the panel. that seems to be where the problem resides.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 11:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Had mine 2 days and I was trying to run some lights and I heard a pop. I took 2 self taping screws and found a spot on the left side where there was metal and no wires and right side where there was some metal. Screwed them in and done. will post tomorrow what I did, eventually will get some touch up and blend the screw to the panel. $0.88 fix.

R.I.P. Penny
2001 - Limited Edition - 234,067 + Miles
120,000 spark plugs Bosch Platinum 4
135,000 - Timing belt,
170,000 - Radiator
190,000 PCV and hose
200,000 Spark plugs Bosch Platinum IR Fusion
200,235 - Oil Sensor
Old 25 Jul 2011, 12:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknoron67 View Post
Had mine 2 days and I was trying to run some lights and I heard a pop. I took 2 self taping screws and found a spot on the left side where there was metal and no wires and right side where there was some metal. Screwed them in and done. will post tomorrow what I did, eventually will get some touch up and blend the screw to the panel. $0.88 fix.
Any chance you can post a photo showing the position of the screws? Mine broke saturday.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 30 Jul 2011, 09:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Re: driver automatic seat panal, ripped off! need to fix it

Glad there is a fix for the side panel.

On my 2006 GT, the back of the passenger seat came off. Apparently when the rear seat was placed in the "down" position, the rear headrest hit the panel. This panel has 2 notches at the bottom; the 2 clip-holders at the top are severed.
Does anyone have a solution for this seatback panel?

Tom