PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dash Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Dec 2003, 08:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt
Default Dash Kit

Welp. I got it off ebay, got it home, took it out of the package and test fitted it.

What a pile. It looks like a**. There are WAY to many gaps. I wish they wouldve made one long center piece and one dash piece. Also, for brushed alluminimiuminimunim...whatever...its waaay too shiny.
Good news is that I bought from a company that will take it back with a restocking fee charge. At least Ill get most of my money back.

Anyone know of a kit that isnt laminated? Im looking for the real deal.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 09:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

hey saki, what seller on ebay 9product etc..) so we don't buy this crap also...

punch
Old 31 Dec 2003, 09:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

sorry it didn't work out!!
Old 31 Dec 2003, 10:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

probably some 7th grade metal shop teacher havin the kids makin em out of some cheap aluminum "Ok kids todays project, trace these patterns and cut em with the tin snips"

Sorry ya got a POS kit saki

Speakin of new stuff, I bought a 2001 jax jags PT matchbox on ebay for $1 lol. While i was at it I got em to make a brake light cover that says "Freak Inside" in The Munsters kind of fonts
Old 01 Jan 2004, 02:17 am
Cool Cruiser

well if you want the real ones http://www.cosmiccruiser.com/PTPages...oDashKits.html
http://www.ptwoody.com/products/dash_kits_sim_man.htm

I've always heard good things about ptwoody products, and cosmic is the one making my brake light cover and they were really good about everything
Old 01 Jan 2004, 03:13 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptcruzin42

I have two brushed aluminum dash kits in my car. Both have a shiny surface, but are by no means pos kits. I am very satisfied with both the kits I got. I got one from Sherwood Dash Company (same as the APC kit), and the second from Wood View (which is 3d molded). Some people may not like the gloss surface if they are looking for a it that exactly simulates aluminum, but again neither kit is a pos kit.
This http://www.autotrucktoys.com/stores/...9561&CATID=411 is by far my favorite kit though. It basically replaces the panels by covering them.

Sorry saki =P I am just saying that the kit I got (which i think is the same as yours) was very satisfactory.
Old 01 Jan 2004, 09:39 am
Young Cruiser

on our old intrepid we got a simulated carbon fiber dash kit from wooddash.com. Fit was real nice but was real shiney and was as realistic looking as I had hoped. Do not know what the aluminum ones look like, probably the same. If I had to do it over I probably would not have gotten it because it was expensive.

[Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing]
03 Dream Cruiser Series 2
Homemade air intake, Custom Dual Exhaust, MOPAR BOV, MBC, Stage1. More to come!
Old 01 Jan 2004, 04:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Timmy C

on our old intrepid we got a simulated carbon fiber dash kit from wooddash.com. Fit was real nice but was real shiney and was as realistic looking as I had hoped. Do not know what the aluminum ones look like, probably the same. If I had to do it over I probably would not have gotten it because it was expensive.
Realistic is the key word here. It looks way too shiney to be aluminum. The picture I was given looked like metal. This looks like a laminated vinal decal.

Thanks for the links. The most being JB's molded kit. I dont want too much and when I took the off some of the laminated kit pieces, I felt a little more comfortable with it. Too bad...

In the very least, Ill update and see if thiscompnay is true on its word so anyone else who DOES want that shiney look can be secure from buying from them

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 01 Jan 2004, 09:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

saki, i got a stupid question these peices are the maybe coated with a clear protective film, that needs to be removed?

I had a vcr for over 1yr before i realized it had a thin plastic coating on it.

punch
Old 01 Jan 2004, 10:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Punch

saki, i got a stupid question these peices are the maybe coated with a clear protective film, that needs to be removed?

I had a vcr for over 1yr before i realized it had a thin plastic coating on it.

punch
ROFLMAO