Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Overhead console wiring question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jul 2011, 07:34 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Overhead console wiring question

I picked up an auto dimming mirror out of the junkyard. The mirror has compass and temp. I was going to install the overhead PT display, but there is no need now. I have all the wiring so I plan to wire the mirror into the PT harness.

I just need to know where the overhead console gets its power from. Anyone have the schematic for this?

Last edited by vadonkey; 03 Jul 2011 at 09:23 pm.
Old 03 Jul 2011, 11:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Overhead console wiring question

Edited after original posting to correct wire colors:
OK. You say that you have all of the wiring. Do you mean that you also picked up the complete wiring harness for the mirror at the junk yard or do you mean that your car already has the wiring installed? Does the mirror include the map lights?

For the overhead console, the wiring harness connections are through the connectors at both the left and right sides of the dash; remove the "A" pillars to see these red connectors.

On the left side, C208 connector, the yel wire is from fuse 14 (acc-run power), blk is the feed from the temp sensor behind the front grille (you would need to have the connector and wiring pre-installed in your car and probably need to buy the sensor itself. It is different from the ambient air sensor in the fuel injection control system), blk/lite grn is the sensor ground, the pink wire is from the panel lamps driver (brighten-dim).

On the right side, C207 connector, the yellow is from the courtesy lamps driver (circuit that includes dome light, cargo light, door open switches and operates the map lights), blk and blk/lite grn wires are grounds, pink is un-switched battery power from fuse 13. The compass is integral with the overhead unit.

My 2004 wiring schematics do not have information specific to the mirror system that you acquired.

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 04 Jul 2011 at 12:05 am. Reason: correcting information
Old 04 Jul 2011, 05:41 am
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Overhead console wiring question

The mirror is a Gentex out of a Cadillac so I got the pinout from 12volt.com, and does not have the map lights. I was going to run new wires for the temp probe but I think I will splice the GM probe in by the radiator and use the pinout you gave me for the PT.

I have all the wiring for the PT overhead console so I will just cut and splice to keep it clean and simple.

Thanks!!!