PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rear Cargo area Space

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Aug 2011, 11:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Jtwheels2007
Default Rear Cargo area Space

Does anyone know approx. how deep the cargo cubby hole is without the insert *from back side of panel, to wall of car? I basically wanted to make my own version of the stealth box, with a sub a little bigger with some more power. I was wondering if any1 had taken this area apart and knew just how much space their was. I was thinking as a secondary option, I could mount the sub to the actual panel, however the box would have to be built just right to accomodate the odd shape of the openning.

Only reason I am going with the stealth style is to save SOME space, and to get the sub out of the floor of the cargo area. I store alot of things back there *1 of which is my wheelchair when others ride with me.* The STEALTH box would b the first choice bc it is recessed, but I can always buy a grill if i had to mount it to the panel itself. I could either build an odd shaped box identical to the original stealth, and just box it in internally to give it proper airspace, or i could simply build regular box. any suggestions on best route?
Old 14 Aug 2011, 11:15 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default Re: Rear Cargo area Space

here check this out Lowpt's new build i hope this helps, or is what your looking for.

Last edited by WolfmanG; 14 Aug 2011 at 11:18 pm.