Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Leather Seat cover Installation?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Sep 2011, 08:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Leather Seat cover Installation?

I have an '06 GT convertible and I am thiniking about changing out the interior I have looked installation videos at Mr Mikes and Leatherseat.com They make it look fairly easy and straightforward. I just wanted to hear from anyone out there that have personally installation leather seat covers in their PTs. How difficult is it, really? What is your experience with leatherseats.com covers? Would you recommend doing it yourself or have a professional installer do it?
Old 24 Sep 2011, 02:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Leather Seat cover Installation?

I haven't done any work on my seats but am going to, probably next spring when the weather gets nicer. I did my 1966 Marlin, all the seats reupholstered in leather. Just like any other seat, you have to get it out of the car, disassemble it down to the seat and back pieces. You'll see the clips on the bottom that hold the cover in place. It takes a lot of effort and really easier if you have a helper to hold the seat while you flip the new cover on it. I also bought some specific tools for the work, not sure where they are now as the last time I used them was years ago. All in all, it's not that bad a job.

Me, I'm going to pull the seat bottom out, add new and thicker padding and maybe go ahead and add a heating kit while I'm at it. I'm a big boy, 6'2" tall, and around 300 pounds, and the factory seat is killing my butt....