Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
3 things I need inside the car

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Nov 2011, 09:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 3 things I need inside the car

I think these would be considered interior accessories...

The passenger's side vanity mirror's left hinge is broken off. The lid still closes and holds, but it's only holding by the other side and I'm not sure how to fix it.

The driver's side vanity mirror's lid is gone, so I guess I would need a completely new visor.

Both vanity mirrors are the kind that light up when you open the lid.

The 3rd thing I need is a cover for the lever you push to make the driver's side seat fold forward to allow room to put people or things in the back. The passenger's side has the cover, but the driver's side is just the metal part exposed and it's very difficult to push. I have no idea what it's actually called, so I'm not sure how to search for one.

The car is a 2006 convertible - I'm not sure if that matters, but I thought maybe the visors would be different on this car?

SO, what I'm wondering is if anyone knows what the term for that lever is and what type of visors/vanity mirrors I need to look for? I see a lot of people use eBay on here and several days ago I remember seeing a site that had visors for $70 (I think for a pair) that looked very much like mine, but now I can't find the link!

Old 07 Nov 2011, 11:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 3 things I need inside the car

try here for visors:
PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.
Seats in 'vert might be different. I don't know...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 07 Nov 2011, 06:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Ugh, I hate these vanity mirrors! I have the same problem with my driver's side that you have on your passenger side, one hinge broken. I've left it alone as I don't use it all that much, and it stays closed so no battery drain.

As to are they different? I would guess that yes, 2006 and up are different from earlier years, simply because in '06 it appears that almost everything inside the PT was redone. As to vert versus sedan, not sure if they fit between the two. The A pillar on the verts has a deeper slant to it, bringing the roofline way down lower than the sedans. So low, in fact, that I had to install me one of those old fashioned stop light prisms so I didn't have to strain my neck trying to see the lights (I'm 6'2" tall so can literally be a pain in the neck).

Jenn, I sent Denny over at Cruiser Parts Warehouse a question on the visors/vanity mirrors. I'll send you those part numbers and will look at the part numbers for other models to see if they match.

On the seat lever, are you talking about that little plastic thumb thingy that is behind the seat on the corner, or the large handle on the side of the seat???
Old 07 Nov 2011, 07:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Okay, just looked them up, the visors ARE different for the convertible, not sure the sedan ones will fit. I'll post the pics shortly from the parts catalog with part numbers. Also, 2006 visor part numbers are no where near the older model numbers, so also not sure that older ones will fit.
Old 07 Nov 2011, 07:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Okay, right out of the OEM Parts Catalog:

I searched diligently through the parts catalogs and all 7183 pages of the service manual and can not find a definition for DA, KA, GNC and GNS. The only one defined is XGD = Garage Door Opener. Go figure...
Old 07 Nov 2011, 08:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Don't know if these will work for you, two sunvisors with mirror and wiring ran across them on ebay

02 03 04 05 06 PT CRUISER SUN VISORS NICE USED OEM | eBay

Might be worth checking out.

2008 Touring -9050 miles (Cash for Clunkers trade-in)
2008 Miata MX5 Vert. 30000 Mi
2000 Astro Con. Van. 58000 Mi (One owner)
2005 HD Sporster 1200, 8000 Mi
Old 07 Nov 2011, 08:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

They look totally different from mine. I'm just sayin...lol
Old 09 Nov 2011, 03:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks you three - I forgot to subscribe to this thread so I didn't know anyone responded!

Okay, so I checked out the link to the visors on eBay and I saw them before, but wasn't sure if I could use them because mine light up (except for the driver's side since it's constantly open).

Don, I checked the PTCruisers thing and it took me to a sign in page...I'm guessing it's like this, so I'll check out their classifieds if they have them - thanks

The lever IS the thumb thing - yes!! It's the one to fold the seat forward, not the big one to adjust the seat for comfort.

Thanks again!

**Edit: My mirrors don't look like the eBay ones either, but maybe they'll still work?

Last edited by Sketch; 09 Nov 2011 at 03:44 pm. Reason: added stuffs
Old 09 Nov 2011, 04:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

All right, let's not go getting Sketchy there Jenn...lmaohahahahaha... Be VERY careful when buying mirrors for your vert. The A pillar on the convertibles has a much smaller rake to it than the sedans, meaning the windshield slants back further towards the driver. The sedan, the window is closer to vertical, while in the vert it's closer to horizontal. That means that the side mirrors are much different and are NOT interchangeable between convertible and the sedans.

Also, not even sure that you can put an '05 or earlier on your's since it's an '06, they year they changed the car up. So make sure, dead sure, you get mirrors for a convertible!
Old 09 Nov 2011, 05:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

thoes are the exact mirrors i ahve in my 06 but its not a vert