Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
srt4 seats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jan 2012, 06:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default srt4 seats

hey guys, so im looking around to get some srt4 seats to put in my pt. will they fit? also, are they power seats?
Old 12 Mar 2012, 01:06 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: srt4 seats

Hey Cruisen.. I just put a set of SRT4 front seats in my 01. Mine are NOT power, not sure if they even come that way. The only Mod I had to do was Re-drill the wholes on the PT floor mounts that the seat sliders bolt too making the SRT seats mount rigth up.. The SRT seat mounting hole are a BIT further apart then the PT. So a nice drill bit and a Carbide bit to elongate the hole and it went right in. They do sit a BIT higher than the PT seats do, but it's livable. Others have taken off the bottom seat cover and trimmed the cushion done an inch or so to lowered the seat position. I can send some pics if you like.. They look FANTASTIC and feel even better. Hope this helps you. I know your post is old, but either way.

01 Pitty Pat.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 01:18 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Pittypat View Post
Hey Cruisen.. I just put a set of SRT4 front seats in my 01. Mine are NOT power, not sure if they even come that way. The only Mod I had to do was Re-drill the wholes on the PT floor mounts that the seat sliders bolt too making the SRT seats mount rigth up.. The SRT seat mounting hole are a BIT further apart then the PT. So a nice drill bit and a Carbide bit to elongate the hole and it went right in. They do sit a BIT higher than the PT seats do, but it's livable. Others have taken off the bottom seat cover and trimmed the cushion done an inch or so to lowered the seat position. I can send some pics if you like.. They look FANTASTIC and feel even better. Hope this helps you. I know your post is old, but either way.

01 Pitty Pat.
How about some pictures?
Old 12 Mar 2012, 01:35 pm
Young Cruiser

Will do on the pics. Just need to download.. I know I should have had them ready before posting.. I'm a loser..lol
Old 12 Mar 2012, 01:58 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Pittypat View Post
Will do on the pics. Just need to download.. I know I should have had them ready before posting.. I'm a loser..lol
I just wanted to keep you in Chromenut's good graces. - we all like pix, though.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 07:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Which srt4 seats? The Viper or the stock ones? The Viper seats in my '05 work great for getting on my srt and shooting around, but they can really suck for long distance driving. I'm 6'/230lbs and the 5 hr drive to my parents place involved several stops to get the numbness from my legs. My '04 GT is a lot more comfortable for long distance driving. You can't beat the Viper seats for shooting around on short trips, though.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 08:01 pm
Young Cruiser

These are the Viper seats from an 05 SRT I think. They feel great, I love the bolsters on each side.. I feel planted in the car. I'm working on getting the motor from that same car, 38,000 miles. we'll see.. Haven't driven far in the them, just around town, the car feels like I could corner with the best of them. It's more for show though. I HATED the stock seats, I would turn a corner and end up in the passanger seat.. lol. I callled a local shop to see what it would cost to have them covered like the stock Taupe leather /Suade seats. Ball park the guy tells me $1,800.00.. Sorry! not this kid..lol
Old 12 Mar 2012, 09:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Can't wait to see how it looks! I got SRT wheels my self so it will be a good MOD for the future to upgrade the seats to SRT with logos and everything.

Caliber SRT wheels on a PT Turbo!!!
Old 13 Mar 2012, 07:52 am
Young Cruiser

Rocketman. Checked out your gallery.. DAMN that's sharp!! Simple, Clean and Bad Ass all rolled into one. That's a simular look I want for mine.. Where'd you get the ground effects?
Old 27 Mar 2012, 07:56 am
Young Cruiser

Hey all. I posted an update on another page (SRT$ seat swap) but messed up the pics. So I'll try it here and go back an update the other post. Pic #1 is the mileage 59,873.. Not bad for an 01! The other pics are of the PT seat brackets that you WILL need to re-drill the hole in for the new SRT seats. I've read in other post that these seats are direct bolt-on; I didn't find that to be the case. I use 05 SRT 4 seats, Viper inspired. Maybe the other set of SRT seat might be bolt-on. But I love these. I'm 6'2 at 235, and fit real nice in them, I will say that the thigh bolsters can get a bit bothersome on the legs, but I can deal with it. For those looking for more leg room, This would be an opportunity to drill the hole an inch or two back to give that BIT more room you’re looking for. The SRT seat it JUST a smidge narrower then the PT seat, so you'll be able to bolt one side of the PT bracket no problem, The other you'll need to either widen the existing holes or drill new ones altogether. Look at the pics and you'll see just how close they are. Another pic is of the bottom of the SRT seat where I had to grind off the existing welded seat brackets, the shinny spots are where you'll need to grind the welds, the brackets will pop right off after that, then just clean up the sliders for a flush fit to the PT seat brackets. It's my first time posting with pics, so bare with my post..lol I've tried to get some good pics of them all installed, but the lighting is no good in my pic. I'll get them up ASAP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT seat brackets.jpg (95.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg PT-SRT Rear seat bracket (1).jpg (92.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg SRT4 seat sliders (1).jpg (94.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg SRT4 seat slider Closeup..jpg (98.1 KB, 24 views)