Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Cargo Net Replacement Hint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2012, 05:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Cargo Net Replacement Hint

My 2004 PT did not come with a cargo net, even though the car has clips in 4 places, obviously for netting. I've been frustrated for several years by the lack of aftermarket cargo nets, no one seems to carry them anymore. I finally found a solution for about $6 @ Ace Hardware, in ProGrip brand 36" Six Arm Bungee Cord. A center ring connects 3 18-inch bungee cords, with slides so you can adjust lengths. It can stretch across the entire cargo area, or if I only have 2 bags of groceries it will keep them upright against either side of the back. It works great with or without the moveable cargo shelf. This product, Part# 689804, has many other uses when not holding up items in the back. This set happens to come in blue, matching my own neon blue PT!
Old 07 Feb 2012, 11:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Cargo Net Replacement Hint

Thanks for the tip.. Quick and easy
Old 21 May 2012, 08:42 pm
Young Cruiser

great tip! ordered from amazon, same price there with free shipping (in some cases)

Amazon.com: ProGrip 689804 36" x 8mm 6-Arm Bungee Cord: Automotive

they also have a yellow and blue one from Keeper Corporation, http://amzn.com/B00004Y62D

they have several others if you search for "Six Arm Bungee Cord", in several nice colors. but then the price raise to $24. not really worth it for me, but i think my taste (and value for money) differs here as i'm the only sans flaming decals

enjoy. and again, thanks for the tip!
Old 21 Jul 2012, 05:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

There's absolutly no problem finding cargo nets on eBay (eBaymotors, search "cargo net"). I just looked and I got over 4000 hits. They are fairly generic so don't get hung up on finding a PT Cruiser one. I have one in my wife's Grand Cherokee that we saved from when we traded in her old Camry. They stretch... they fit. I think I remember that the Camry had the hooks on the body and not on the net so I just got a couple of S-hooks from the hardware store. I'm a bit anal so I dipped the hooks in black Plasti-Dip to match. I just did it that way because I already had the net but if you are buying new or used, just get one fitted out the way you want. Easy, beasy.

Tags
cargo net netting bungee