Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Installing interior lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Mar 2012, 12:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Installing interior lights

I have an 04 Cruiser, problem is when some people ride with me at night they have a problem getting in the car because you can see where the floor is. The dope light is the only light I have and its duller than u can imagine. So here is what I am asking what is the easiest way people have added lights to the door switches and how did you do it. I am thinking LED strips under the dash and down the side of the shift console. Any advice would be appreciated
Old 15 Mar 2012, 07:56 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Installing interior lights

I have white led strips under my dash. They are 12" and have had them under my dash since last summer and still hanging in there. I'm upgrading to green later but they light up the whole interior perfectly. Now led strips running down the center console might look goofy just because there's no place to tuck the lights since its pretty snug but that's just my opinion. I don't like seeing wires or showing the lights I have in my car. Looks stock during the day. If your looking for more light then just the dash you can wire the led strips under the front seats that way it lights up the back also.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 09:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

The easiest thing you could do would be to upgrade the lights that you have now with some bright LEDs. This should add enough light where the issue is resolved for you.

If that doesn't work for you, and you're insistent on adding more lights (this is the way I tend to think) then the easiest place I'd found to tap in for power is at the little bitty dome light in the cargo section. It's easy to gain access to the wires through the jack storage compartment. From there you'll just have to get creative in how you run the wires, and where you mount the lights.

This is a project that I've wanted to do, but have not gotten around to it yet. I have added a brighter dome light that shines into the cargo compartment, that activates with the rest of the interior lights (I tapped into the rear dome light as I described above).

good luck

Exco

Bill
Old 16 Mar 2012, 09:08 am
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

i hooked up these led strips directly to my dome/map lights, so when ever i open the door the foot wells light up too