Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
moving the front seat back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Mar 2012, 08:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default moving the front seat back

ok, i will admit im a big boy and trying to get in the car have to put the seat clear back and recline the back a little . have any of you ever tried to bolt the seat farther back ?
Old 20 Mar 2012, 11:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: moving the front seat back

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyptguy View Post
ok, i will admit im a big boy and trying to get in the car have to put the seat clear back and recline the back a little . have any of you ever tried to bolt the seat farther back ?
I'm the same way, would like to hear if anyone has moved theirs back. If I forget to put the steering wheel all the way up before I get out, then when I get back in I end up gasping and wheezing from where the steering wheel hit me (down in that nether region, lol). I hate driving my wife's van because even though it has the driver memory that adjust seats, headrest, pedals and mirrors, it doesn't adjust the steering wheel. Never fails, if I hop in then I end up hopping out, singing soprano like Michael Jackson....of course, that's what happens when a big ol' Texas boy marries a southern Indiana Farmer's Daughter who is nearly a dwarf...lol...

I'm also looking to find a more comfortable seat to replace my current seat, wondering if I can take this factory seat off it's mounting frame to leave that height and electric adjustments in place and mount a seat more in line with my backside....probably end up with a seat that has a label on the back, "Made by Barnum & Bailey"....lmao...

Last edited by Chromenut; 20 Mar 2012 at 11:59 pm.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 01:16 am
Cool Cruiser

im going to look into this im thinking just drill the floor out farther back or even just drilling the brackets farther back a couple of inches at most
Old 21 Mar 2012, 02:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

Unhappy Re: moving the front seat back

Hey Chrome,

I would like to replace my seat or at least lower it down....I had an 02 Touring and when
I got in it, I never bumped my head, but this 06 seat sits higher and if I don't duck my head in first I hit it on the door post every time...I have a friend that owns an 04 Gt and he is over 6' and he never bumps his head....Is there some way to lower the seat?
Someone told me it was because I have power seats that it was like this....
Am I the only one with this problem? PTpreacher
Old 21 Mar 2012, 06:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

i looked at it today and it looks fairly easy to do i will be doing a how to on this so other "big boys" can enjoy the pt
Old 21 Mar 2012, 08:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyptguy View Post
i looked at it today and it looks fairly easy to do i will be doing a how to on this so other "big boys" can enjoy the pt
A friend bought a Buick that a big guy owned. It had custom seat tracks that practically put you in the back seat. My friend is 5' 4" and he fits in it to. Don't know were it was done though. He bought it in NC.