Advertisements
heated seats

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:23 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania
Default heated seats

Anyone thought of installing heated seats on your own ? Can it be done and are the heated seats only in the leather seats?
Old 26 Feb 2004, 10:12 am
Senior Cruiser

gonzomania,
No offense but I thought about getting heated seats, then I realised I live in florida and the only reason I would get them is to heat my gf seat when she pisses me off, and tell her shes is having a hot flash to make her applogise to me for yelling at me when she gave me wrong directions.

If you can figure out how to remove the seats and replace them I would say thats half the battle, but then you have to wire them in.[B)]
Sinbad likes this.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 10:21 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gonzomania

Anyone thought of installing heated seats on your own ? Can it be done and are the heated seats only in the leather seats?
You can buy a set of heated PT seats, remove your seats and install the heated seats. Wiring should all ready be in place, just plug them in.

You can also buy the heating pads to install in your seats.

http://www.ptwarehouse.com/accessori...or/seating.htm (scroll to bottom of page).

Here's some more info:

http://ptenthusiasts.org/PTForums/sh...t=heated+seats

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 26 Feb 2004, 02:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:

From the factory, the only heated seats were leather. I bought a plug-in heated pad that also had a lumbar support, but can't remember where I got it.
wingman55 likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 27 Feb 2004, 05:15 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania

IRPT,
Went to the link you suggested very informative. Only question is how do you turn them on and off and where would that be located?

Gonz
Old 28 Feb 2004, 12:04 am
Young Cruiser

Katzkin has seperate heaters you can install over your existing seat covers (cloths) or a custom leather seats. http://www.katzkin.com/SITE/HTML/index.html
check under"other products"

They are about $100 per seat.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 12:30 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:

IRPT,
Went to the link you suggested very informative. Only question is how do you turn them on and off and where would that be located?
You would have to install a switch, on PT's equiped with heated seats the switch is located on the left hand side of the seat. If you bought seats with the heaters all ready in them the switch would be in place also.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 30 Dec 2007, 10:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: heated seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRPT View Post
You would have to install a switch, on PT's equiped with heated seats the switch is located on the left hand side of the seat. If you bought seats with the heaters all ready in them the switch would be in place also.
My son did purchase a set of heated front seats for my 2001 PT Cruiser. There was a switch already in place in my car, as well as in the heated seats he had bought; so he thought it would not be difficult to plug the new seats in and get them to work. However, that was not the case. Do you have any more information on how this can be done, i.e., how to obtain schematic information for the heated seats in case of a broken circuit, etc.? Thanks so much. Judy
Old 23 Oct 2017, 09:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Re: heated seats

hi Judy, did you ever solve that problem? I just installed leather heated seats that already have the switches on the side, we plugged them into the connector under the rug below but we still have no power or heat. The fuse #4 in the hood fusebox looks fine too. Please advise, thanks!

Anybody have any advice on this situation?
Old 23 Oct 2017, 11:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: heated seats

We ended up taking our PT Cruiser to an special accessory dealership, which hooked up the seats for us. They did the job, but said it was very difficult and it would have been the same cost or less expensive to just add heating elements to the existing seats, rather than to hook up replacement heated seats.