Advertisements
Whats on your Airbag?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2004, 01:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to VikingCruiser
Default Whats on your Airbag?

Hello All,

I am looking for ways to dress up the interior of my new Silver PT, and have noticed that some people have graphics there. So I thought I'd start this thread to see what kinds of designs people have [:I]. I also wondered if you could purchase them, or needed to have someone custom paint one on there.
Old 02 Mar 2004, 01:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Easiest way to go is StreamlineDesign.Com. Nice selection, great service, and way cheaper than paint.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 02 Mar 2004, 02:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

VikingCruiser,

I covered the center console with a Pewter overlay, then had all three (guages, center, airbag) pieces pinstriped. I also have the outside beltline and rear hatch pinstriped so I just carried the theme from outside to inside. Chrome pieces and paint carried the pewter down to the floor console.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Mar 2004, 02:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Crewzin, that looks great! Where did you find the matching Pewter overlay for the center consol, I've been trying to decide on painting it myself or not for a while.
Old 02 Mar 2004, 03:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

VC,

You'll have to do it yourself. There was a company (forget the name) in business for awhile that made things that others didn't (including pewter items). Then they deceided to go to work for Chrysler and abandoned their on-line business. Only a handful of people were able to get ahold of their items. I also got ahold of their door inserts.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Mar 2004, 03:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

That's so frustrating! Is it difficult to do yourself and get it to match?
Old 02 Mar 2004, 05:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

To tell the truth...yes. I'm trying to get ahold of a spray can now from the dealer to paint the 4-switch window plate in the center console now. Appearently the parts guys in two different dealerships can't find the right color. The floor center console of mine was done by the body shop that has done all my other painting (bumpers, mirrors etc.) with a multi-million dollar state-of-the-art paint shop. It can match almost any color. I had forgotten to give him the switch plate when he did the floor center console and really can't get him to make a small enough quanity for what I need.

The parts that you want painted come off easy enough (one screw), it's getting the right paint that's a pain in the ...neck!

Old 07 Mar 2004, 11:49 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

My graphics are painted flames color-coordinated to match those
on the sides of my car...

...AND, some pin-stripes also matching those on the outside. [8D]

I'm pleased with the results.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 05:28 am
Regular Cruiser

The colors don't show up as well as I would have liked, but the photo was taken in the evening - not the best light. I ordered my air bag cover flames from Rich at Streamlinedesign.com.

2003 Classic Edition, 5-speed with 7-ball shift knob, badges removed, dark tint, Borla split exit exhaust, short billett antenna, Nu-Image white-faced blue flamed gauges and 15\" American Racing Aero Wheels.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 01:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Had my airbag cover pinstriped with my cars name and to match pinstriping on the outside.