Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
revelations shifter problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2004, 12:28 am
Young Cruiser

Default revelations shifter problem

i bought and installed the revel shifter (http://www.revelenterprises.com/pt_cruiser_ptknob03.htm)for my 2004 automatic Pt, problem is the button rattles in the socket!!! anyone know a quick fix? the sound is maddening!
Old 03 Mar 2004, 12:34 am
Dedicated Cruiser

This seems to be a general problem with the product as others on this board have reported the same issue. I don't know if there is a fix but I'm sure if there is someone will post the information you need. Good luck.
Old 03 Mar 2004, 12:45 am
Young Cruiser

i was thinking a little bit of teflon tape or electracal tape around the lower end ofthe button - but i am more afraid of it jamming or destroying the finish. has anyone had a problem with their other products?
Old 03 Mar 2004, 02:58 am
Regular Cruiser

i have bought a number of products from revel enterprises. have been very impressed with the quality of the items that they sell. everything that i have purchased has been top notch. i am planning to buy more from them in the future. also, great people to deal with--pleasant and fair. give them a buzz and let them know what is happening with their product. i am sure they would be very anxious to help you in your situation.

call 'em up, give them the opportunity to make it right.
03 GT
Old 03 Mar 2004, 04:13 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I agree with Redrum. I have had excellent dealings with Revel Enterprises. I have that same shift knob on my 03 GT and it has always worked like a champ.

Give them a call.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 08 Mar 2004, 04:26 pm
Young Cruiser

still waiting for their answer - however - is the button suppose to be so loose that it can be picked right up out of the handle with two fingers? i place the car in park and relized that the button slides right out - there is nothing to hold it in place!
Old 08 Mar 2004, 09:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

Legion that is the way mine is. It is fine. Sure it is rattling, not something else?

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 08 Mar 2004, 11:42 pm
Young Cruiser

i think i found the problem - the instructions mention a tension clip inside the button - there is no clip . . .
Old 09 Mar 2004, 11:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Call Revel and inform them that the clip was missing. I'm sure that they will send you the missing clip.
Old 09 Mar 2004, 05:55 pm
Young Cruiser

actually - they are really cool - my new button with clip was sent out two days ago when i first had the problem with the button rattling - and sent them the first email. what a cool bunch! BTW their phone service is top notch!