Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
POWER SEAT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2002, 05:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default POWER SEAT

MY wife orderd her pt without a power seat . can it be retrofitted with a power seat ?if so . who can do it ? we live out side of philly.

Old 01 Oct 2002, 05:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Dennis,
In my opinion, the power seat is useless, it only moves up and down, not back and forth. My 2002 Touring has it, and in the lowest position it's suitable for both myself (6') and my wife (5'4"). I personally would like to see it go lower, but the CD Changer is there. Don't waste your money, or at least, sit in a cruiser that has one and see if you REALLY want it.

Scott Baker - Driving Star Cruiser
Old 02 Oct 2002, 01:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Agree. Seat is useless. Does not go low enought. You are already sitting high in a Cruiser.

Old 02 Oct 2002, 09:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Also agreed, I'm am tall, 6'3" and my wife is about 5'7" and the seat is kept as low as possible at all times. Only reason it's there is because it came with the car. Unless you really need the added height, don't bother.
Happy PTing!
Scott

Old 03 Oct 2002, 04:02 pm
Young Cruiser

Ditto to above - The power driver's seat has very little practical usefulness. I'm 5'10", my wife is 5'4". We both leave it in the lowest position. Now if it tilted, it might be worth something!

Puck

Old 15 Oct 2002, 08:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

Agreed, the power seat, or whatever they call it is about useless! I am 5'11" wife is 5'3" and we both like the seat all the way down. I think the seat should go lower but she likes it on its lowest level just fine. I am just not crazy about viewing the road looking under the windshield trim. I have never seen this mentioned in any cart review but the seat needs to go lower or just get rid of the seat option!

Old 17 Oct 2002, 03:25 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The seat can't be made to go lower because the rear mount is on a structrual cross member of the unibody. I considered some torch work and installing a six-way power seat but decided it's best to leave alone.

Old 17 Oct 2002, 06:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

I do have to slouch some to be able to see some traffic lights, but it is neat to actually be able to put something under the seat!
It is a disturbing trend, if you're tall, it's sometimes hard to see traffic signals, especially when you're first in line, waiting at a light. Is this problem limited to Chrysler products? I had the same problem in my 97 Stratus too.
Scott

Old 17 Oct 2002, 09:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'm 6' 3" and I don't think The seat is too high. All you have to do is recline the seat a couple of notches. I have more headroom in the Cruiser than any car I've had in the last 20 years. Your right about the power seat it is worthless
Old 10 Nov 2002, 03:06 am
Senior Cruiser

I dont't have a problem with traffic signals in my 87 Mustang Gt but it is a rag top and I have the top down most of the time!!! I am 5'11" and I do have a problem in my Cruiser although my 5'3" wife don't, although she has the seat all the way down too!

03 GT, Beltline Pinstripe, K&N Drop In Air Filter, Interior Air Filter, Locking Gas Cap, Metal Racing Pedals, and Presto ChangeO 3bl Turbo GT sign.