Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help going through the fire wall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Mar 2004, 05:34 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Help going through the fire wall

Where is the best place to run a couple of wires from the cabin to the engine compartment? I have a set of switches that I would like to wire to my day time drive lights and I don't know where to run the wires. Any ideas?
Old 19 Mar 2004, 05:49 pm
Young Cruiser

I installed undercarage lights on my PT and had to go through the firewall. If you open your hood, there is a little hole about the size of a nickle. It is in front of the driver about 7 inches left from the hood opening. Its not too far down so its kinda easy to see. The tuff part is getting the wire through the hole. Getting it in is easy, but it took a while and a friend with very small hands to get it in the inside of the car. after that, you can wire it to wherever you want it. I put a switch next to the rear wiper button.
02\' Patriot Blue Cruiser, dual cat back exhaust, blue under car lights, airaid cold air intake, throttle body spacer and custom sound system.*Xenon front bumper (crusher), polished aluminum gas door.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 02:03 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Follow the hood release cable from the handle to the firewall. The grommet it goes through will allow additional wires and still retain it's sealing qualities
Old 20 Mar 2004, 10:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I followed the large bundle of wires that already go thru - there's rubber surronding the bundle that I poked thru with a coat hanger, then added caulk after to re-seal.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 20 Mar 2004, 10:59 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

What they said

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 22 Mar 2004, 12:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

This is why I will never install another system to my own cars.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 10:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

i found a diamond shaped piece of metal(right next to the big bundle of wires) with 2 bolts holding it on, i removed the nuts took the piece off drilled 1/2" hole when i did my led washer nozzles.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 05:09 pm
Young Cruiser

Well, I found it the best to go through the gromet for the hood release cable. Biggest challenge was to get the wire through after I stuck it with the hanger. So I got the hanger through and taped the wire on and pulled it through. Thank you very much for all your help.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 01:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

trieber,
After the 4-5 car systems I have installed finding the nipple through the firewall into the cars in the hardest part.
I always used a metal hanger straightenend, with wires tapped to it to get the wire where I wanted.