Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Sun Roof help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2014, 04:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Sun Roof help

Hey everyone Im new to the site and I just wanted to say Hey! Well heres my question, this is my first Chrysler I have ever owned and I bought my wife a 2007 Cruiser w/ 72k miles. Silver in color. Very nice ride! She loves it, but theres a problem. ive looked on this site for awhile and i couldnt find anything on what my problem is. The sun roof wont open, ive checked the fuse box under the hood and didnt find any fuses blown? Ive pulled the over head light down and tried to see if the b for buttons for the roof was unplugged and it was fine? I push the auto button and all 3 buttons and i dont hear any noise. Idk what else to do? Im lost and ANY help would be greatly appritiated! thank you to whoever all helps with my problem.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 04:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Sun Roof help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleliston29 View Post
Hey everyone Im new to the site and I just wanted to say Hey! Well heres my question, this is my first Chrysler I have ever owned and I bought my wife a 2007 Cruiser w/ 72k miles. Silver in color. Very nice ride! She loves it, but theres a problem. ive looked on this site for awhile and i couldnt find anything on what my problem is. The sun roof wont open, ive checked the fuse box under the hood and didnt find any fuses blown? Ive pulled the over head light down and tried to see if the b for buttons for the roof was unplugged and it was fine? I push the auto button and all 3 buttons and i dont hear any noise. Idk what else to do? Im lost and ANY help would be greatly appritiated! thank you to whoever all helps with my problem.
I see no one has an answer and I don't offer much. But if you have a meter or a test light to see if you have power to it. If not you know that the motor is probly good. But the can buss system is a fickle beast. Some times things don't work because of a box. The name escapes me. You were not being ignored. These don't give a lot of problems. So not a lot of experience on here for fixing.

Oh by the way Hey there back at you.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 27 Apr 2014, 10:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Ok thank you for your help i appretiate it! im just lost on what to do next?
Old 02 May 2014, 01:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hope you get it sorted, wish mine had a sun roof! Mmm wonder if anyone does a ragtop!
Old 03 May 2014, 05:42 am
Senior Cruiser

My 06 had the same problem, control switches to the sunroof did nothing. I found the following link and modified my my wiring so I now have power to the sunroof all the time. My sunroof rails were broken and jamed and I could push the rear of the sunroof up about an inch and it didn't lay in the opening correctly. Its not my recomendation to modify the wiring as in the link but it is a place where you can check for power to the sunroof. If its the
TIPM you may want to do the wiring change instead changing module$.
AND it could save you from removing the headliner and post covers.

When checking for power make sure the key is in the run position
From 06 Repair Manual
8W-64 POWER SUNROOF
Component Page
Fuse 16 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-64-2
Fuse 24 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-64-2
G202 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-64-2
Component Page
Module-Electronic Overhead . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-64-2
Module-Totally Integrated Power . . . . . . . . 8W-64-2
Motor-Sunroof . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-64-2

Guide: 2006 Power windows and Sunroof always on.
70 340 4spd Dart Swinger "Those were the days my friend"
73 Charger SE
Had a few Vetts on the way 69, 85
Several Neons some flips
01 Sebring flip
Cruiser's 01, 220K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 03 133K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 06 110K Project
Cruiser 05 Ltd 120,809 bought with broken belt Oct2015
May 16 Resurrected to once again roam the streets.

20 Miles South Of Pittsburgh

Last edited by JoeX; 03 May 2014 at 06:32 am.
Old 23 May 2014, 09:14 am
Fanatic Cruiser

My son's 03 GT has a sunroof problem too. Luckily it chose to die in the closed position but one side droops a bit. Some plastic part in there went south.
We found a post on a forum somewhere mentioning a repair kit from Chrysler for about $125. We haven't bought it yet but did buy a complete sunroof assembly from the local pickapart yard for less than a $100. It's in a trailer by the house until we test it for function. If it is good we'll install it as is and then buy the rebuild kit and redo his for a spare for both our cars.
The sunroof assembly is only mounted to the roof by about 6 bolts and has 4 drain tubes, and one or two electrical plugs. The time-consuming part is removing the mouldings and the headliner. In the junk yard we simply cut the headliner up to get at the roof assembly.
Old 08 Sep 2014, 11:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

I recently had my sunroof jam open on me seem the little plastic piece that helps it slide back and forth broke on me. We at least got it shut, for now we are not fixing it. I barely used the sunroof so I don't understand how this piece broke. Good luck with finding a cheap solution to fixing it.

Babydoll 2004