Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
dropping seats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Apr 2004, 02:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default dropping seats

i am getting ready to order a set of sparco's for my '04 turbo. i was wondering if there is an adapter kit to drop the seats down an inch or two. my head is a couple of inches from the headliner and i like to sit a little lower. i feel as if i am sitting on a platform. any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 02:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'm trying out a Recaro LXF demo seat. Bolt-in brackets and sliders are via Recaro. I'm 6.5" tall and gained about 1/2" additional clearance. There are four 15mm spacers that can seemingly lower the seat ~1/2" but that's it. Don't forget the mounting bar at the rear of the seat is there.

I think the more readily available adapter is from Wedge Engineering. I don't know how that one compares.

Did you test-sit in the Sparco for awhile? I tried the Torino and it was a no-fit situation. I tried a couple of others like Corbeau also. Don't go just by price or looks. A couple of seats had exposed stiching that was digging into my thigh after awhile. My favorite seat though was the "Recaro Sport". It has airbag lumbar, thigh extension, & winged shoulder support. The build quality is superior and fabric is better too IMHO. Price is more of course. These seats are spec'ed on the Mitsubishi EVO and Mustang Cobra R for good reason.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 03:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

This has come up on several forums from time to time - several of us (myself included) would like the seat to go a little lower so the roof (particularly with a sunroof) doesn't tickle hair, but I have seen no solution other than to recline the back a bit.....[:I]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 20 Apr 2004, 03:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i had the same set of seats in an old turbo civic and seem to fit my body frame perfect. i am thinking about fabbing some adaptors. it just seems that there should be a way to get a good drop. i am not very tall, but i feel massive in this vehicle. [:I]
Old 22 Apr 2004, 09:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Seems like they never build any thing for the tall guy.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 23 Apr 2004, 12:27 am
Cool Cruiser

I haave to chime in on this one. With the hair tickel, I have to reclyn a little to but that get's old can stress the back a bit more that siting stright up. I like the lumbar support, mybe DC would know of a safe mod to fix that problem.[8)]
Old 23 Apr 2004, 03:10 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Basically... you can't lower the seats. They won't go lower than the rear mount and it is a body cross member. Cut it and warranty is gone in an accident.