Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Anybody make pillar pod with clips?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 May 2004, 03:03 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Anybody make pillar pod with clips?

I'm looking for a pillar pod for my Cruiser, but would like one that "clips" on like the factory OEM pillar cover.

The one I purchased doesn't clip on but requires drilling (which I'd rather not do). I don't think that double sided tape would work, and on top of that the pod seems to not fit right (too much of a bend by the window, so it can be seen from the front windshield as it stick out past the black).

Anyone know of anyone or place that make the pod that will clip in to place? Hoping this is available somewhere.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02 May 2004, 12:38 am
Regular Cruiser

Mopar has one. I would assume it installs like the factory pillar. Anyone have one? Comments.
04 GT Inferno Red Loaded, Mopar Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Mopar Cabin Air Filter, Mopar BOV Kit, Blane Hood Struts, Strut Tower Brace, Kaiser Custom 17\" Wheels, Nankang Sport NS-1 225/45R17 Tires, Custom Decals, TYC Back-up Lights, LED Glow Lights in and out, Red Fuzzy Dice, Yet To Go; Mopar Stage-2 Turbo Kit, Mopar Stage-2 Suspension, Custom Paint.
Old 02 May 2004, 08:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The Mopar one is an Autometer pod.
The a-pillar piece is cheap if you need to replace it and easy to remount.
You're going to need to mount the gauges somewhere, and this is the least destructive way of doing it. Cheaper than replacing a holed up dashboard or some other very large body panel.
My 2 cents.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 02 May 2004, 09:40 pm
Young Cruiser

My pillar pod just doesn't seem to fit right. Guess I'll have to order another one. Really was hoping to find one that clipped into place. Was hoping to get my gauges set up this weekend, but guess I'll have to wait.....

Old 02 May 2004, 10:57 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Suppose you could use extra strength 3M double sided tape. That might work.
My pod doesn't site completely flush at the top of the pillar. Annoying, but I can live with it.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 03 May 2004, 02:09 am
Regular Cruiser

Redman;
After seeing yours, I gotta do it too!

Thanks for the info everybody.
04 GT Inferno Red Loaded, Mopar Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Mopar Cabin Air Filter, Mopar BOV Kit, Blane Hood Struts, Strut Tower Brace, Kaiser Custom 17\" Wheels, Nankang Sport NS-1 225/45R17 Tires, Custom Decals, TYC Back-up Lights, LED Glow Lights in and out, Red Fuzzy Dice, Yet To Go; Mopar Stage-2 Turbo Kit, Mopar Stage-2 Suspension, Custom Paint.
Old 04 May 2004, 08:01 am
Young Cruiser

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Did my pod and gauges last night. They look great!!!

Thanks again.