PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Easy mat for center console...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 May 2015, 11:10 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Easy mat for center console...

After I bought my PT, I quickly purchased the set of console mats for all the little places that SHOULD have had them from the factory BUT was still annoyed with there being no mat in the lower cubby in the center dash area. As I mentioned in another thread, I also have a Chrysler 300M Special and have always liked the rubber pad being in the center cubby hole. I yanked one from the yard to see how it would fit in the PT console, and with a small modification, it fits very nicely! It even wraps around the front for a nice finished look, it is hard to see in pictures but where the two tabs are in pictures, it actually rounds over. You can just toss it in there or put some double-sided tape to hold it in place even better. These mats are in the 300M as well as the second gen Intrepid/Concorde/LHS with bucket seats. The console trim just pulls off and you just pop the mat out. I hope others will find this useful! See pictures...

Bottom

Use a razor knife and slice off the front two tabs. Slice off the back including just the first row of squares

Cubby before

Cubby after

'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 20 May 2015, 07:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Easy mat for center console...

Great mod!

After reading this, I plan to do the same thing this weekend. Thanks.
Old 20 May 2015, 08:31 am
Veteran Cruiser

Since they don't make anything like this for the G2's...I made my own using this stuff...in black.

71Sl4hZM0vL._SL1000_.jpg
IMG_20150520_082528.jpg

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Nexus 5X, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013)
Old 20 May 2015, 01:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Great mod!

Thanks! I hope you like!

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 20 May 2015, 07:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Easy mat for center console...

Thanks for the tip.
It's always better to have something that was actually designed for the purpose to be used.
I have a thing or two in the cubby hole that either slides down out of reach; or, flies out when I "punch" my baby!

2010 Dodge Challenger SE as my day-driver.
2005 "Limited", Stage 1 Turbo Lite, the "Cowboy Cruiser".

Have now owned 5 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 21 May 2015, 01:04 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
Thanks for the tip.
It's always better to have something that was actually designed for the purpose to be used.
I have a thing or two in the cubby hole that either slides down out of reach; or, flies out when I "punch" my baby!
No problem! Give this a try, I bet you will like
myckee likes this.

Old 21 May 2015, 09:38 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineDream76 View Post
No problem! Give this a try, I bet you will like
I am going to try this too. I have a spare cubby hole from an Intrepid in the trunk of my own Intrepid so I don't even have to go to that yard to get one!
Old 21 May 2015, 12:04 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I took some pics of mine this morning...

IMG_20150521_115338.jpg

IMG_20150521_115353.jpg

IMG_20150521_115422.jpg
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Nexus 5X, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013)
Old 30 May 2015, 03:03 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Great mod!

How'd it work out?

Old 30 May 2015, 03:04 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
Thanks for the tip.
Did you give this a try?