Headliner removal

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By thehoghunter
  • 1 Post By sanatanadharma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 May 2015, 11:03 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Headliner removal

After a search, I've discovered that the only headliner tutorial specific to the PT (Mr Mike's) is no longer on his site. Does anyone have a link to a tutorial w/ pics or video specifically for a PT headliner?

I'm removing the headliner so my favorite body shop can install my factory roof rack. He agreed to make time for the job if I pull the headliner myself, and I'll also save about $250 in labor by doing it before I bring in the car on Monday.
Old 29 May 2015, 11:31 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Headliner removal

interior cloth replacement

and

headliner removal

2005 N/A 5 speed manual - Booger bushings, K&N Filter, MSD spark plug wires, APC Taillights, Accra-Form Running Boards, Hubcap Mike's Spoke Hubcaps, Retrosound radio (usb1-2/aux1-2/bluetooth), Chrysler 1949 Hood Ornament, and a Flameball white pearl shift knob (which makes it go faster).
Old 29 May 2015, 11:31 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Because Trump
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 10 Nov 2016 at 05:11 pm.
Old 29 May 2015, 02:01 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoghunter View Post
Thanks. I had already seen those, which is where I found out that the Mr. Mike's link was dead. Mr. Mike sent me the link for the archived page which is here:

MrMikes PT Headliner

Way back machine is great.
Old 29 May 2015, 02:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanatanadharma View Post
I hope I remember this right!

Wiring is glued to the headliner back side. Release the red connectors at the right and left ends of the dash (under the A pillars) and the wiring as well. It all comes out with the headliner.
That, and the part about the two button retainers at the back is what everyone else left out. You got it all for sure. I just took it out, by myself, (and it has a sunroof) and would have ruined the headliner if I had believed some others about the two button retainers in the rear. Those things are 2" long and really do have to be taken out carefully first. Theres no way to leave'em in and just pull down the liner without really tearing it all to...heck.

With the sunroof, I found that there is also a harness for the sunroof motor controls, which connects about midway with a large white connector that slides onto a tab on the underside of the roof. Anyways, I'm ready for the shop to do the roof rack now. When they're done, I'll apply the closed cell foam as in the Mr. Mike's page, before reinstalling the headliner.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. Saved my headliner's life.
Old 29 May 2015, 07:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodees View Post
That, and the part about the two button retainers at the back is what everyone else left out. You got it all for sure. I just took it out, by myself, (and it has a sunroof) and would have ruined the headliner if I had believed some others about the two button retainers in the rear. Those things are 2" long and really do have to be taken out carefully first. Theres no way to leave'em in and just pull down the liner without really tearing it all to...heck.

With the sunroof, I found that there is also a harness for the sunroof motor controls, which connects about midway with a large white connector that slides onto a tab on the underside of the roof. Anyways, I'm ready for the shop to do the roof rack now. When they're done, I'll apply the closed cell foam as in the Mr. Mike's page, before reinstalling the headliner.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. Saved my headliner's life.
If you pull down the rear part of the headliner after removing the rest of the trim. The push pins pop right out. Two different headliners and the same result. Not difficult at all.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com