PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Neon?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Dec 2002, 10:00 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Neon?

has anyone put neon lighting under their dash?

Old 18 Dec 2002, 07:43 pm
Young Cruiser

I did. Under the front driver and passenger side. I also did under the two front seats in the back of the seats to light the back seats.

Old 19 Dec 2002, 08:38 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Jerry, where kind did you get? and where did you purchase? was it hard to install? how much effect does it add inside? Thanks Gary turbomangt

Old 19 Dec 2002, 04:37 pm
Young Cruiser

Gary,

I bought the neon at my local car parts store. I think I paid about $19 for each of the front tubes (9") and about $16 each for the back tubes (6"). I also bought a four outlet adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter. The tubes were easy to install and really look great at night. I went with purple since the theme of my cruiser is black with purple and gray flames, purple and gray pinstripping and purple/gray/black interior.

Old 23 Dec 2002, 08:30 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Is Neon against the law anywhere? I have a cowl induction hood, and I want to put a light in the hood, any difference between indoor and out door neon? Thanks Gary (turbomangt

Old 23 Dec 2002, 04:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:
Is Neon against the law anywhere? I have a cowl induction hood, and I want to put a light in the hood, any difference between indoor and out door neon? Thanks Gary (turbomangt

Is it Illegal? Yes to some extent in every state. You have to check your local laws and then drive around with it on nd see if the cops are going to pull you over for it. Red and blue are always out and also anything tthat moves or flashes. The little lighted washer nozzles have had people pulled over yet I have drivin past, beside and around cops with no problem in south floida.

acme signature-o-matic
Old 29 Dec 2002, 02:07 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to renichms

Actually, neons are NOT illegal to some degree in every state, and red and blue are NOT to be counted as "out" immediately. Here, in SC, there are a grand total of zero laws on neons. ANY color is legal. However, if you have red or blue, be sure it's not flashing, rotating or oscillating. They also cannot interfere with required stock lighting. Other than that, there are no limitations.

If someone says they're illegal, DO NOT believe them. Look it up in the laws of your state to find out for yourself. A lot of people here said they were illegal and I believed them until I looked it up. In general, if you ask, people will say they are not legal because they don't know, don't want to look it up and don't want to stir things up.

RN

See Mephisto
Old 29 Dec 2002, 02:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Oh, and by saying "here," I refer to where I live.

RN

See Mephisto
Old 30 Dec 2002, 02:31 am
Fanatic Cruiser

The laws on lighting are more likely to be local than state. In Dallas ANY red or blue light showing to the front of the vehicle is illegal. I used to install them for the city. You may be safe in one town, cross the city limits, and get to meet the men in blue.

Old 30 Dec 2002, 10:26 am
Cool Cruiser

SC law requires local areas to post any changes in traffic law after approval and, much like state must only emphasize federal, local can only do the same for state. No sign, no change. Although I don't like SC much, it's sometimes nice to live in a state that moves so slowly.

RN

See Mephisto