PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How to remove dash or get to A/C duct?

 
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LionPT

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10 Aug 2015, 08:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Question How to remove dash or get to A/C duct?

REALLY dumb question, but.... I was trying to cool/solidify a tube of chapstick that probably melted in the heat inside my car...and dropped it down the A/C vent


Is there a way to open the dash to get it out? I heard it drop down to the bottom of...wherever it goes.

Or, how can I get the tube back out? Also will it damage the engine at all? I noticed my check engine light was on the next time i turned the car on :|



2006 PT Cruiser, base model

Last edited by tcarroll12; 10 Aug 2015 at 08:31 pm. Reason: adding year and make
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10 Aug 2015, 09:16 pm
LionPT's Avatar
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,874
Default Re: How to remove dash or get to A/C duct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcarroll12 View Post
REALLY dumb question, but.... I was trying to cool/solidify a tube of chapstick that probably melted in the heat inside my car...and dropped it down the A/C vent


Is there a way to open the dash to get it out? I heard it drop down to the bottom of...wherever it goes.

Or, how can I get the tube back out? Also will it damage the engine at all? I noticed my check engine light was on the next time i turned the car on :|



2006 PT Cruiser, base model
Which of the vents did you drop it down..??
The check engine light is just a coincidence, that's another problem. Most auto parts stores will read/check the code for free.
__________________

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Nexus 5X, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013)
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10 Aug 2015, 09:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Default Re: How to remove dash or get to A/C duct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionPT View Post
Which of the vents did you drop it down..??
The check engine light is just a coincidence, that's another problem. Most auto parts stores will read/check the code for free.
Left side vent on the central dash panel. :|
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11 Aug 2015, 07:08 am
LionPT's Avatar
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,874
Default Re: How to remove dash or get to A/C duct?

Use a flashlight to looked into the center vent...turn each vent till you see a screw at the bottom. Remove the 2 screws...one each vent if they are there...with the screws removed, grab a hold of the upper right side & pull. This should pop the holding clips, you will have to pull all the way around the center cover. Once the cover is unhooked, you will have to slide the red tab over & pull the plug from the clock. Now you can lay the center cover on it's side without having to unhook the vent controls.

Chrysler PT Cruiser 07 Stereo Removal Instructions / Sound Repair
Gkon likes this.
__________________

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Nexus 5X, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013)

Last edited by LionPT; 11 Aug 2015 at 07:11 am.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 14 Aug 2015, 04:27 am
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Default Re: How to remove dash or get to A/C duct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionPT View Post
Use a flashlight to looked into the center vent...turn each vent till you see a screw at the bottom. Remove the 2 screws...one each vent if they are there...with the screws removed, grab a hold of the upper right side & pull. This should pop the holding clips, you will have to pull all the way around the center cover. Once the cover is unhooked, you will have to slide the red tab over & pull the plug from the clock. Now you can lay the center cover on it's side without having to unhook the vent controls.

Chrysler PT Cruiser 07 Stereo Removal Instructions / Sound Repair
Will that get me to the A/C duct though? I can hear it roll from side to side whenever I turn :|
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a/c duct, a/c vent, dashboard, dashboard removal


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do you remove the dash top panel? eflyguy The Detail Shop 14 14 Nov 2015 05:14 pm
REMOVE top dash for 3-1/2 speaker replacement kctobyjoe Interior Accessories Forum 14 09 Feb 2014 11:15 am
how do i remove center dash lv42day Interior Accessories Forum 21 09 Apr 2012 06:41 am
How to remove dash in a 1st gen pt Dill General PT Cruiser Discussions 8 08 Aug 2011 07:28 pm
Heater air duct cleanergmm Tech & Performance Forum 2 23 Jan 2011 06:33 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors