• 1 Post By TangerineDream76
  • 1 Post By rob342
  • 1 Post By TangerineDream76
  • 3 Post By TangerineDream76

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Mar 2016, 12:34 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Anyone seen these before?

I have of course seen the standard gray plastic lock pulls as well as the Chrome ones in PT cruisers. Has anyone seen these brushed aluminum/nickel looking ones before and if so, what trim did they come in? The ones in this picture have some discoloration to them but are clearly a brushed metal looking finish (though still plastic). Thanks!

Gkon likes this.

'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 11 Mar 2016, 01:04 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Anyone seen these before?

those look like a crappy spray paint job. i mean so bad they didn't remove the casting flash before painting and didn't let them dry before getting big ugly fingerprints in the paint. there is no brushed finish. just metallic silver spraypaint. you can also see it starting to peel in spots and you can see the areas in the ribs that they didn't bother to clean before painting.
Old 11 Mar 2016, 02:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob342 View Post
those look like a crappy spray paint job. i mean so bad they didn't remove the casting flash before painting and didn't let them dry before getting big ugly fingerprints in the paint. there is no brushed finish. just metallic silver spraypaint. you can also see it starting to peel in spots and you can see the areas in the ribs that they didn't bother to clean before painting.
What you are actually looking at are stock from a Jeep Liberty I found in the junk yard. The discoloration is from heat as the thing had caught on fire. Upon looking through the vehicle I noticed the lock pulls were the same part as those used in the PT but I did not think I had ever seen this finish on any PT model, so that is why I asked. Sssooo if anyone likes this finish and wants them in their PT...minus the heat damage of course...Now you know you can find then in 1st gen Jeep liberties!
Gkon likes this.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 01:25 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Yup, just to be clear, I verified today in another Liberty at another yard that these brushed aluminum/nickle-finish ones are the real deal, so just for informational purposes, if anyone decides they like this finish and wants it in their PT, there is now the option, just snag them out of a Liberty. They are the same style as the PT ones, but something different than gray plastic or chrome. Good luck out there!
Fk5, Gkon and wingman55 like this.