Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
GLOVE BOX ORGANIZER

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jun 2004, 07:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default GLOVE BOX ORGANIZER

Just a note of caution guys: I ordered a glove box organizer from Auto Interiors for my 2004 Touring.

It doesn't fit---the upper left hand corner is too high to let the glove door close!

I know I expect a lot for $25, but is a correct design that works as advertised too much? (Somebody named "Joel" at the company who deisgned this thing said they designed it on the 2002! Well, Hello! Maybe there was a change in 2 years?

Anyhow, if you order one, beware--I finally took mine to a lumber Just a note of caution guys: I ordered a glove box organizer from Auto Interiors for my 2004 Touring.

It doesn't fit---the upper left hand corner is too high to let the glove door close!

I know I expect a lot for $25, but is a correct design that works as advertised too much? (Somebody named "Joel" at the company who deisgned this thing said they designed it on the 2002! Well, Hello! Maybe there was a change in 2 years?

Anyhow, if you order one, beware--I finally took mine to a lumber place and had it re-cut to fit.

Old 10 Jun 2004, 07:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You can say that again....and again.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 11:46 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I ordered one of these from Moss Motors over a year ago--cost $20. I've used it in my 03GT and now have it in my 04GT. It fits fine, no problems--I like it.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 10:42 am
Cool Cruiser

I have an '03 GT and I hate the fact that I need to crunch my maps to fit them in to the glove box horizontaly. They barely fit if I put them in vertically.

Wil this organizer help keep the maps straight so that they will fit better? I have most of my maps in the drawer under the passenger seat, and I can't reach them while driving.

Joe

http://www.pbase.com/robinjoe/pt_cruiser
Old 11 Jun 2004, 10:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Joe,

NO, the organizer doesn't make the glove box any wider so if the maps didn't fit before, they won't fit after you put the organizer in. Why not keep your maps in the drivers door slot? The glove box is about 9" wide, the door slot is about 16".

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 11:15 am
Senior Cruiser

I don't carry any maps. I just stop and ask where the h
am I and how do I get where I want to be. Works every time.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 11 Jun 2004, 11:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

I bought one of the Auto Organizers from Auto Interiors and it fits GREAT.

For $25, it was well worth the money.

Old 11 Jun 2004, 02:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ADDENDUM 6/10/04:
I have just had a phone call with AUTO INTERIORS telling me that they are not the responsible party for sending out a part that does not fit---the manufacturer is. (And the designer "Joel" is not part of their company)

OK. Whatever.

Old 11 Jun 2004, 04:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Nice response from Auto Interiors. I'll just put them on my "Do Not Order Anything From This Place" list.

Old 11 Jun 2004, 07:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

I understand that the organizer won't make the box bigger.

What I meant by my question is whether the maps fit better vertically in the glovebox. Right now, when I put maps in vertically, they tend to slip sideways and interfere with the latch. Would the organizer prevent this?

I keep CDs in the pocket next to my seat.

Joe R

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CREWZIN

Joe,

NO, the organizer doesn't make the glove box any wider so if the maps didn't fit before, they won't fit after you put the organizer in. Why not keep your maps in the drivers door slot? The glove box is about 9" wide, the door slot is about 16".

http://www.pbase.com/robinjoe/pt_cruiser