Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
replacement gas pedal and brake pedal??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jun 2004, 09:53 pm
Young Cruiser

Default replacement gas pedal and brake pedal??

does anyone make a gas pedal that completely replaces the gas pedal? i just returned the cruiserbits.com one cause it was god aweful - the clips actually caught my custom rug and jammed the pedal. i am looking for a brake and gas pedal set for the PT Automatic that completely replaces the stock gas pedal - it comes off if you remove the pin behind the pedal.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 11:01 am
Cool Cruiser

Have you thought about the pedals that come on the '04 and up GT? The gas pedal totally replaces the assembly. The brake is simply the pad. I'd like to do that on mine at some point.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 11:26 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

i have these. You have to drill holes in the original pedals which is a true pain but no crappy clips and they are the best design i have seen, plus you get the dead pedal!
Autovation is the brand and heres a link to get a special price
http://www.autovation.net/groupbuy/PT_Cruiser/body.html
Old 16 Jun 2004, 11:58 am
Senior Cruiser

I got the same as Rallyrock. No problems and they are screwed on, no clips. Better in my opinion. I believe that they are a bit pricier than some but, they are there basically for ever.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 01:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I got the pedals from Auto Zone. They clip on but hadn't had any problems...so far

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 02:00 pm
Young Cruiser

If you get the auto brake and gas pedals for the 04 and up GT they will completely replace BOTH pedal assemblies. I know, because I've done the switch on my mothers 03 GT. She saw the ones I had in my 04 and had to have them. Both of the assemblies ran me about $90.00 from tthrift. Also, if you look in the service manual, when replacing the brake asembly, it tells you to discard the brake switch and install a new one. After talking to Tommy and testing it myself, you shouldn't have to do this. just make sure you check everything out when you do the swap. So, now I have a new brake switch gathering dust in my shop. lol. They aren't too hard to switch out, either, the gas pedal took about 5 minutes, the brake pedal was a bit harder, just because of the tight space (I'm a big guy). Good luck with your search for good pedals !

Harry

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?
Old 16 Jun 2004, 11:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigdogdad

I got the same as Rallyrock. No problems and they are screwed on, no clips. Better in my opinion. I believe that they are a bit pricier than some but, they are there basically for ever.
If anyone is interested I have a brand new set just like this that I'll sell for $ 45 + shipping
Old 17 Jun 2004, 10:06 am
Senior Cruiser

Grouch, I sent you an e-mail but just in case, go ahead.