Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Under passenger seat drawer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jun 2004, 11:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Under passenger seat drawer

i have a black interior. i purchased a under seat drawer from the dealership and they told me it was the only color. So, now i have it. ITS BROWN!!!!

So, what do i use to make it black?

Plastic primer and black semigloss paint? or is there some plastic die that i should use for interiors.
[xx(]

[xx(]

[xx(]
I also purchased the moulded rear splash guards... NICE!! im impressed!
Old 25 Jun 2004, 12:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi. You can get a "vinyl" spray paint at schucks, auto zone, or just about any auto store that will do the trick for you. I have used it for years (about 20) for just what you are trying to do. Just be sure and clean the drawer with a vinyl prep first and it will adhere just fine.

Old 25 Jun 2004, 02:10 am
Cool Cruiser

THanks this is the information that i needed. i would have used rustoleum plastic paint. but since there is actual vinyl paint.. ill go for that
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 26 Jun 2004, 03:53 am
Cool Cruiser

I used the black vinyl paint that Walmart offers. I wiped the drawer face down with armorall cleaner wipes.

Painted.

Now it looks like it was supposed to be black!!

Thanks for the info!
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 26 Jun 2004, 09:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

Glad it worked out for you. I really like the ease of how the vinyl paint works, have used it for thousands of applications and always worked good for me as long as I did the prep work. Just might have to do those mirrors of mine if everything else fails

Old 26 Jun 2004, 12:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

I really think that the dealer will work with you onthose. Youre still on your 30k bumper to bumper right? They replaced a cracked airdam for me! ( you know that stupid little piece of plastic under the front end of the car ?) Anyway, it cant hurt to ask them. Where are you? Sometimes going to a different dealer helps.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 09:12 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania

I want one under drivers side. Haven't figured it out yet but I will!!!

Gonz
Old 28 Jun 2004, 01:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

If i were to desire a drawer under my drivers side, i would start searching the local salvage yards for totalled PTs. Find another passenger seat, and transplant the bucket rails from that to the drivers seat on your car. I havent crawled up under my seats but i imagine that just a little mig welding would do the job.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 04:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gonzomania

Don't waste your time the drawer won't work under the drivers seat. The area under the seat is different. take it from someone that's been around the forums for 3 years people have tried to make the drawer work before.

Costco at one time sold a plastic basket that fit perfectly but their not made anymore.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 03:10 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Grouch

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gonzomania

Don't waste your time the drawer won't work under the drivers seat. The area under the seat is different. take it from someone that's been around the forums for 3 years people have tried to make the drawer work before.

Costco at one time sold a plastic basket that fit perfectly but their not made anymore.
Theres your answer!!!
thanks Grouch