Advertisements
05 PT GT CONVERTIBLE Seat Covers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Aug 2017, 04:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 05 PT GT CONVERTIBLE Seat Covers

Are there any known/best seat covers out there that don't cost $$$$$ to cover the front and back? Flying out to LA Monday to purchase a beautiful plum 5spd and drive back to CO, only issue is the trash seat interior. All seats are majorly ripped, the seams are good, perhaps an interior shop could see them back up? What's the cost of that?
Old 06 Aug 2017, 11:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 05 PT GT CONVERTIBLE Seat Covers

Front seats out of a PT wagon are the basically the same. Rear leather convertible seats are very rare and hard to find. The ones that match the 05 interior are super rare. You are likely going to be limited to finding a salvage 2005 GT vert to get some.

I've been looking for a set of leather seats for my convertible since I got it last year. When I do find them online, they are usually far away and shipping makes the cost unfeasible. I estimate that if I remove the seats and have a local upholstery shop to recover them with motor cycle seat vinyl (water proof) is going to be between $500 and $1200 depending on who I get to do it. Yours might be much less since you may only need repair rather than completely new covers.

Also, ever once in a while, someone will "skin" a set of leather seats and sell them on eBay. This makes shipping low. But again, since the leather vert seats are rare, I doubt ever running up on a set like this.

Good luck, and please come back and tell us what your solution tuns out to be.
ptprice likes this.
Old 06 Aug 2017, 12:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 05 PT GT CONVERTIBLE Seat Covers

Although they're not convertible seats these suede and leather seats I found a few months at our local salvage yard for $158.00 out the door were an excellent find for SOOO BIG.. They came from a 2001 PT with nothing more than a blown engine. The interior was pristine. Don't discount this route in your search for a good set of replacement seats for your PT Vert.. You can even arrange with your local LKQ salvage yard to email you a notification every time a PT like yours comes in the yard. Good hunting, good luck. Perhaps a competent upholster could, for a reasonable price, modify the back seats you might find from a hatch back PT.

Happy PTin', ptprice

IMG_1621 (480x640).jpg

IMG_1622 (480x640).jpg

IMG_1623 (480x640).jpg
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats W/ Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers and Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 06 Aug 2017 at 01:07 pm.