Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Remove front seat covers for cleaning?

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2017, 02:44 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Remove front seat covers for cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
Oven Cleaner on the seats was a joke, trust me although it IS the finest alloy wheel cleaner ever
Hoping this is a joke as well. I worked my way through college as a bicycle mechanic. Had a lot of kids coming through the store because we sold BMX parts. Some genius kid discovered that oven cleaner would remove the colored anodizing from aluminum, leaving a shiny silver finish. We sold a lot of new cranksets and brakes to kids who came in with parts that were corroded all to hell from oven cleaner.

Handy- what brand of upholstery cleaner is that? My PT's interior looked like it had been used to haul junkyard parts. Gave it a good scrubbing with a Hoover spray-scrub-and-suck upholstery machine, and it didn't get things anywhere near as clean.
Old 02 Oct 2017, 10:17 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Remove front seat covers for cleaning?

Oven Cleaner - at least the oven cleaner sold in Europe - has never given me any problems with lacquered alloys. Would I use it on bare alloys? Probably not but they wouldn't last 5 minutes un-laquered on European roads anyway.

It will also clean an engine bay up in 5 minutes flat providing you don't go mad with a power washer and soak anything that shouldn't get soaked.

YMMV, don't try this at home etc etc
Carnut likes this.