Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Remove front seat covers for cleaning?

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Aug 2017, 05:03 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Remove front seat covers for cleaning?

Theres zips up the seat backs, so I assume the seat covers can be pulled off the seats and washed (they could do with it ) - does anyone know how to do this - just a brief step by step will do, with anything exciting I should look out for (airbags etc - the seats have side airbags)

Model is a 2007 Touring, seats are Groovy Grey acrylic.

Merci bo danke
Old 27 Aug 2017, 01:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Remove front seat covers for cleaning?

For 2nd Gen PT seats, there's a better way.

Old 27 Aug 2017, 06:11 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: Remove front seat covers for cleaning?

Handy, not sure that I would do that to seats with side air bags in them... otherwise I see no issues and they did come out nice and clean!
rckstein and Sinbad like this.

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1989 Chevy Suburban 2500
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 27 Aug 2017, 06:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
For 2nd Gen PT seats, there's a better way.

Old 27 Aug 2017, 06:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well... if they can take that, guess I'll use spray Oven Cleaner and a wet n dry vac as usual then
Old 28 Aug 2017, 07:59 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
Well... if they can take that, guess I'll use spray Oven Cleaner and a wet n dry vac as usual then
Oven cleaner? Seriously? I've never heard that one before. And, Handy, how long did it take for them to dry out after you douched them at the car wash?

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Thomas Jefferson
Charlie
Old 28 Aug 2017, 09:08 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Oven cleaner? Seriously? I've never heard that one before. And, Handy, how long did it take for them to dry out after you douched them at the car wash?
Just a couple of days in the Sun. That material dries fairly quickly and also seems to provide some level of protection to keep the foam padding from getting soaked.

And to the OP, I wouldn't use oven cleaner. Some are very caustic and may damage the fabric. A pre-soak with a good carpet cleaner should work well. Pre-treat oil and grease stains with WD40.
ptprice and Sinbad like this.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 09:31 am
Senior Cruiser

Not a fan of oven cleaner at all. Just use a regular fabric cleaner and a brush. Not sure about the WD40 either. Why not just use gojo and a brush? That is what I use on grease and oil stains. Works great, even on the laundry. I never really have any on my seats, cause the leather wipes right up.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 09:33 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Just a couple of days in the Sun. That material dries fairly quickly and also seems to provide some level of protection to keep the foam padding from getting soaked.

And to the OP, I wouldn't use oven cleaner. Some are very caustic and may damage the fabric. A pre-soak with a good carpet cleaner should work well. Pre-treat oil and grease stains with WD40.

Handy, Great clean up on your Vert seats. That durability of the later model seat covers was one reasons I tried, for a while, to fit a set of later model seats in SOOO BIG.

I don't see side air bag tags on your seats. Are they none side air bag?

Happy PTin', ptprice
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats W/ Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers and Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 09:43 am
Cool Cruiser

Oven Cleaner on the seats was a joke, trust me although it IS the finest alloy wheel cleaner ever
Fk5, Carnut and chipbuttyman like this.