PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New DUEL GAUGE POD by MOPAR PERFORMANCE w/PIC'S!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jul 2004, 04:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 2207 of 7500
Default New DUEL GAUGE POD by MOPAR PERFORMANCE w/PIC'S!!!

Got the new MOPAR PERFORMANCE DUEL GAUGE POD with MOPAR PERFORMANCE WATER & OIL PRESSURE gauges installed. I opted for the white-faced gauges to match my factory white-faced gauges. I also switched the white bulbs inside the gauges to GREEN BULBS to match the factory green illumination. Check out the pic's and tell me what you think.
The molded plastic pod is factory Lt. Beige in color and mounts directly to the factory A-pillar cover.

Old 13 Jul 2004, 02:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Very nice. And that was a nice touch changing out the lights to match the rest of the dash - it's those little things that really make the difference.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 04:24 pm
Young Cruiser

That looks cool! I like it. I want that for my dream cruiser. Where did you get the green lights?
Old 13 Jul 2004, 04:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Looks good with the green bulbs. Very nice.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 04:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

How much did you pay for the pod, and for the guages? Do they have any other choices for what the guages will monitor? How easy are they to install?
Old 13 Jul 2004, 05:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

SANTACRUZER ..... you can get the bulbs at any auto parts store..... bulb #194B

CHROMEDCRUISER ..... paid about $60.00 for the pod, and around $50.00 for each gauge. I had the Chrysler dealership install it to have it waranteed for 1 yr. or 12k miles. They had to remove the exaust manifold to get to the temp. sending unit, where it was split into two with a couple of brass fittings. The temp. is taken off the block of the engine. It was not stated that this modification had to be done when I bought the stuff, so I was a little anoyed at Chrysler for not disclosing that. A shorter route could have been used, eliminating the need to remove the exaust manifold to get to the sensor, but I opted for the clean, factory look with more accurate temp. reading. It was not Cheap to have it installed, but it was worth it to me. There are several different types of gauges with different faces like carbon fiber and black-faced that you can choose from also.
The pod and the gauges are made by AUTOMETER ....Chrysler just contracted them to produce this stuff for them.

<b>\'02 Dream Cruiser #2207 of 7500</b> ~ <i>El Cerrito, CA.</i>
Old 14 Jul 2004, 12:04 am
Fanatic Cruiser

That looks fantastic. I like the green bulbs!

[8)]Now for the next important question --- How much did your dealer charge to install everything? Thanks.[8D]

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 14 Jul 2004, 05:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Basset Hound

That looks fantastic. I like the green bulbs!

[8)]Now for the next important question --- How much did your dealer charge to install everything? Thanks.[8D]
Hope your wearing a DEPENDS for this one ..... about $550.00 and they cracked the bezel the first time around on the installation and paid some guy $65.00 to come and touch it up. That's where it pays to have the dealer install it ~ I told them due to the amount of $$$ I'm paying them to have this done, they can just order another one on their expense($52.00- which is $13.00 less than what they paid the guy to try and touch it up!!!), and install the correct color fasteners when they put the 2nd one on, since the 1st time they did it, they used black fasteners to attach it and it looked like crap!!!
When I asked about the black fasteners, he said the beige fasteners that came with the pod had to be discarded when he had to remove them to adjust the gauges and replaced them with black fasteners. I suggested since he had a million black fasteners, use the black one's first until he's sure of the adjustments, then finish it off with the beige one's..... does it take a rocket scientist to figure that one out? Anyway, it was all good in the end when it was finished. I even saved some cash by running around to the auto parts store picking up the brass fittings for the temp. sending unit split. They probably would have charged me another $100.00 just for that.... GEEEEEEEZ!!!

<b>\'02 Dream Cruiser #2207 of 7500</b> ~ <i>El Cerrito, CA.</i>
Old 14 Jul 2004, 11:10 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Wow, $550 to install two guages, that's a lot of cash. Good to have some insurance behind it though. Can someone with some engine knowhow install the guages? Are their easier ones to install? Such as Air/Fuel or Trans temp? Where'd you purchase the guages from? $50 a piece sounds pretty good to me.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 12:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

CC, in his first post, he mentioned that he got the gauges from Mopar Performance!!!