PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Car Seat Covers?

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jul 2018, 09:40 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Car Seat Covers?

What kind do you guys have or recommend?

I have looked at all the salvage yards, and even though they have plenty of PT's, the seats aren't that great.

So the next best thing are seat covers. I ordered a pair from amazon, but they just didn't fit right.

I'l may go to autozone, advance auto parts, O'reilly to see what they have, but i wanted to see what you guys have used.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 07:02 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Car Seat Covers?

None of the parts store seat covers will really fit all that well, either. You're better off just trying to find what you need at salvage yards. I'd offer to go look and pull some for you, but it's too damned hot here and I'm too fat and lazy now. Besides, closest yard to me is 40 miles off and I'd have to be paid for my time and gas. If you haven't found something by late October or so, let me know. By then it should be down to the 80's here and I can work with that.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 07:13 am
Senior Cruiser

As Chuzz said, your better of haunting the salvage yards till you find a nice replacement set. It was over a year before I found these from an 01 PT for SOOO BIG.

Less than $150.00 including the second storage drawer and hardware that I installed under the driver's seat.

Most salvage yards will put you on an email notification list and alert you when a PT Cruiser comes in. Then it's just being at the right yard at the right time. Good luck with your search.

SOOO_BIG900601_interior.jpgSOOO_BIG rear seat.jpg
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 31 Jul 2018 at 08:34 am. Reason: photo resized
Old 31 Jul 2018, 02:51 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
None of the parts store seat covers will really fit all that well, either. You're better off just trying to find what you need at salvage yards. I'd offer to go look and pull some for you, but it's too damned hot here and I'm too fat and lazy now. Besides, closest yard to me is 40 miles off and I'd have to be paid for my time and gas. If you haven't found something by late October or so, let me know. By then it should be down to the 80's here and I can work with that.
There's about 6 or 7 yards here, 3 of them are pick and pulls. I have visited them in the past month. They are about 5 minutes away, so i guess i can keep checking, I'm just a bit impatient about not findings anything for 6 months.

Thanks man.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 02:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
As Chuzz said, your better of haunting the salvage yards till you find a nice replacement set. It was over a year before I found these from an 01 PT for SOOO BIG.

Less than $150.00 including the second storage drawer and hardware that I installed under the driver's seat.

Most salvage yards will put you on an email notification list and alert you when a PT Cruiser comes in. Then it's just being at the right yard at the right time. Good luck with your search.

Attachment 29041Attachment 29047
I do get the emails. But they haven't got many lately. They have plenty in the yard, just not what i need.

I don't really need the covers to fit perfect, i kinda figure there may not be any that will. But I'm just looking for something that will look good and last a few yrs.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 04:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas2002cruiser View Post
I do get the emails. But they haven't got many lately. They have plenty in the yard, just not what i need.

I don't really need the covers to fit perfect, i kinda figure there may not be any that will. But I'm just looking for something that will look good and last a few yrs.
Are you looking to re-cover your seats? I would absolutely go for a new set of seats instead. Are you looking for cloth? I find tons of leather seats in great shape in the yards here. Is it that the heat is cooking them? PT seats are usually easy because they only come in a couple of colors at most.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 11:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
Are you looking to re-cover your seats? I would absolutely go for a new set of seats instead. Are you looking for cloth? I find tons of leather seats in great shape in the yards here. Is it that the heat is cooking them? PT seats are usually easy because they only come in a couple of colors at most.
Cloth seats are fine, and yeah it's the heat that kills them.
Old 01 Aug 2018, 08:36 am
Veteran Cruiser

What color are you looking for? I MIGHT be able to go look in a couple of weeks. I need to find a wheel for my son's Scion and my Kia. Neither have a spare tire. Damned pump with a can of fix a flat. I DON'T like that. I've got a yard that not many people go to looking for PT stuff that has had some very nice seats from time to time. It's been about a year since I last went, but there was an 06 model that had excellent seats, front and rear. I don't know how difficult it is to take the seat covers off, but am willing to give it a shot and find out.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 01 Aug 2018, 09:06 am
Regular Cruiser

Light grey.

Do the seats from an 06 fit an 02?
Old 01 Aug 2018, 11:22 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas2002cruiser View Post
Cloth seats are fine, and yeah it's the heat that kills them.
I remember my cousin in Reno ranting about all the rust-free sheet metal out there. He said the only things he needed to worry about were interiors and weatherstripping. Ever think about just going to an upholstery shop? By the time you try to put new covers on, you are (I would) probably making a mess.

I prefer leather to cloth, but the real reason I mentioned them is that they hold up better. You can usually just hose them off.