Advertisements
2003 Touring - Buns Warmed

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RCSnyder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2020, 09:24 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default 2003 Touring - Buns Warmed

Spent about 5 hours last Saturday installing seat heater in my daily driver. This is the second time I've undertaken this project and always appreciate the outcome - warmed buns.

I've used both times a cheap 2-seat kit with round 2-position switches from eBay this time.

The seats come out off the car first and get the heating pads tucked in. Some pad cutting is required for sizing. Wiring on the passenger seat must consider that this seat reclines AND folds flat forward. Driver's seat not such a big deal.

While the seats are out, I remove the console and run the wires. Tapping into the cigarette lighter on the console has served me well, and is switched so no dead battery concern.

Switches mount, one each side, of the rear wiper switch. Center and drill out the holes, and pop in the switches.

Running the wires around is wherever they fit and I tie them down as to avoid any funny vibration sounds that might otherwise occur.

Like I said, took about 5 hours start to finish. Kit was about $35. Well worth the investment.

Bob in Liberty, MO
Old 26 Jan 2020, 09:28 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 2003 Touring - Buns Warmed

Got any pictures...

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 27 Jan 2020, 01:50 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: 2003 Touring - Buns Warmed

Sorry. I don't have the patience to play with these crazy small file size requirements. Might have been acceptable when we were all using cheap, low resolution cameras, but these days who takes any picture with a file size under 1m?

Bob in Liberty