PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Seat info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Oct 2004, 07:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania
Default Seat info

I'm looking for information on removing the seat tracks from the riser. If you remove the bolts which I believe there are 1 on each front track and 2 on the rear of the track, will this mess up any of the seat linkage for moving maual seat from fron to back? Has any one done this? If so would appreciate some guidance
Old 18 Oct 2004, 08:17 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

For those who have Limited Editions or others with side air bags, remember that they are in the front seat backs. Removing the seats could be very expensive if you set one off.

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 14 Nov 2004, 09:32 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Basset Hound

For those who have Limited Editions or others with side air bags, remember that they are in the front seat backs. Removing the seats could be very expensive if you set one off.
Wow, that's good to know!!

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 15 Nov 2004, 04:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'm really curious - what are you trying to do? (NOSEY).[:I]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 15 Nov 2004, 04:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

I heard about a company that will allow to cover your seats with new fabric that works like a cover but it requires you to remove your seats to put them on. they looked neat, but I have not yet checked there site for a price.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 04:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania

QSD,
I've already done it. I took the seat riser with the slide that excepts the under seat storage and moved it to the drivers side. This is on a 2003 with manual seats and no airbags. I now have the underseat drawer under the drivers seat. Now I'm looking for an extra to replace under the passenger side . I thought this would work but before I purchased the riser and the drawer I moved it to see if it fit . It does, now I'm looking for a way to install a lock with original tumbler to match my key for valuables. I can purchase the riser and the drawer from Mopar parts on line with shipping for around $110.00, maybe for Xmas. That is why I was asking about the salvage yards.