PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Removing Lower Center Console

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Dec 2004, 06:25 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Removing Lower Center Console

A few weeks ago, I installed a set of booger bushings, now I'm hearing some sort of rattling somewhere inside the console when I go WOT between 3,500-5,500 RPM. It's the strangest thing.
I was able to remove the console piece (covers the shifter and E-brake) to install the bushings originally, but now I can't seem to get the console off again to find the rattle. I can get the screws out, but I'm having trouble finding a way to lift out the console, the armrests are blocking the path. If anyone has a good detailed way to get it out, or some good pictures showing the placement of the seats, it would be much appreciated.
Old 30 Dec 2004, 07:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Did'ya lean the seats all the way back?? Also you can remove the arm-rest itself. That helps a little bit, but the plastic pivot still makes it tight. [:I] Also try to lift the back of the console straight up while at the same time trying to pivot around the front edge. {Geez, even I don't even understand what I just said!!}

Good Luck
Old 30 Dec 2004, 08:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

PTurbed: I'm pretty sure I got what you said, I was trying to move the seats every way except back. Gonna go give it a try right now. Thanks for you help.
Old 03 Jan 2005, 09:27 am
Senior Cruiser

The seats have to be all the way back and the tops have to be leaned all the way and the E brake has to be all the way up as far as you can get it.I didn't have any trouble getting it out. Getting it back in I had to remove the little lever for the back support on the drivers seat.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)