Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Interior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Interior Neon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 May 2005, 12:22 am
Young Cruiser

Default Interior Neon

I've seen pictures of several PT Cruisers with interior neon underneath the dashboard. I've seen the tubes and they're very inexpensive, but I have no idea how to install them. I read really quickly the instructions on the back of the box, but it wasn't very detailed. Any idea where I could get more detailed instructions or tips about where/how to mount, how to install a switch, how to do the wiring, etc. Thanks.

Ryman
Old 12 May 2005, 08:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Saw this the other night on TV and looked fairly easy. Thinking on buying one of the kits for my wife and putting it in (neon not for me, but she likes it). Go about 1/2 down the page for directions on the installation.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ab_par...090804,00.html
Old 13 May 2005, 03:27 pm
Young Cruiser

It's funny that you posted that link, because I finally just took the plunge and started working on it. That is the exact page that I found for reference. Everything turned out pretty good except for one thing. In those instructions they tell you to use a fuse tap. I got mine for a buck or two at radio shack, but they were too wide to fit, so I had to grind one down to about half its size. That was a headache. So make sure you take your fuse in with you so you know what size to get. I put two 9 inch street glow tubes under the dash (red). There is a metal bar under the driver's side with two tabs sticking out that I used double sided tape to secure the tube and on the passenger side I just screwed into the carpet/carboard stuff up under the dash. I'm pretty sure the AC compressor is up under there (maybe not) but just make sure there is space behind it so you're not screwing into something important. I hardwired it in so I wouldn't have the cigarette adapter showing and I'm really glad with how it turned out. Took me a while to make a hole for the switch cause we didn't have the right drill bit, but it looks great and pretty stock when not turned on. If anyone is interested, I'll post some pictures later.