Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Members PT Project

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New 2007 PT Cruiser owner looking for exterior suggestions

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Feb 2008, 01:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross
Default New 2007 PT Cruiser owner looking for exterior suggestions

2007 PT Cruiser Touring Edition

First of all I am trying to keep the vehicle as black as possible.

I am looking into different headlights(JDM Black or carbon fiber), taillights(JDM Black or carbon fiber), and a sun vizor (non drilling version).

Also how hard is it to install new headlights and tail lights? My last car was a 91 mustang and I had replaced both sets and that was pretty easy to figure out.

If there is anything else besides what I mentioned that you want to suggest feel free.

Thanks ahead

Last edited by slayerdarkcross; 28 Oct 2009 at 05:08 pm.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 05:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New 2007 PT Cruiser owner looking for exterior suggestions

Don't know what you mean by black headlights and taillights. If you mean the covers, make sure that JDM specifies the covers are for the headlights of a 2007, they are different than the earlier PT's. Covers for the back are easy to fit. If your meaning replacing the whole headlight or taillight, the tails would be easy (one bolt), the headlights a lot harder becuase of the shape.

If you really want all black, look around for the earlier model black front grill. It the same shape but yo won't have the chrome bars running across the front.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 01:29 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

I understand getting covers for the lights and tail lights but I don't want to have to pop them on and off all the time.

Looking for full light set but if the fronts are too complicated I can satisfy with a black trim set. I have only really seen two black sets for the rear lights so far.

I like the current chrome I have but I don't want much more at the moment. Just looking for some small changes to give it a custom look.

Would theses work with my 07?
CMS Sale Page

This is my old car. Just the head lights changed the whole look of the car

Last edited by slayerdarkcross; 21 Feb 2008 at 02:57 am.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 02:13 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
If you really want all black, look around for the earlier model black front grill. It the same shape but yo won't have the chrome bars running across the front.
Carey,

That's the look I want for my car not an over abundance of chrome, although one of the members here offered me a chrome grille that after looking at it for a while I like it more and more, so I am thinking about it too. I will have to chat with him again.

Regards
Terry

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit
Old 21 Feb 2008, 06:49 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Slayer,
I don't see anything on the link you provided for headlight except chrome bulbs (I had the at one time) and chrome trim (i have them now). Where are you seeing anything black?

You old Mustang headlights are round in a square surround. It's a lot easier to find universal things for those headlights than the odd shape of the PT headlights.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 12:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

"01-05 Chrysler PT Cruiser euro altezza multi-dimension style tail lights in black smoked housing"

Those taillights above are on the page and im curious if they would work on my 07.

Also I plan to get this and am wondering if there are any complaints about them.

"Chrysler PT Cruiser No-Drill Retro Windshield Vizor"

Last edited by slayerdarkcross; 21 Feb 2008 at 02:17 pm.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 04:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

As far as the tail lights ....I've seen no aftermarket tail lights that fit the hole exactly which means you'll have just a slight (1/4 inch or less) gap around the outside of the taillights. On your cruiser (since it's black) the gap won't show up too much. It's the lights colored cruisers like mine that you can see it.

I can't tell by the picture (too dark) if the one's your looking at are the Generation 3 Altessa lights. Only the Gen III meet the automobile inspection standards. They have to have a red reflector on the side measuring 2 squares inches of reflective material so they can be seen at night from the side of the car when a light hits them. If your in a state that has no state inspection (Florida ) then it doesn't matter if they meet the standards. The Rocket (59 Caddy) tail lights don't meet that standard.

Don't know anything about the visor.

Old 21 Feb 2008, 05:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: New 2007 PT Cruiser owner looking for exterior suggestions

I've got the TYC aftermarket tail lights on sonercruiser (2006 Touring). They fit in great - no problem for this novice!
http://ptcruiserworld.tenmagazines.com/ew/showownerpic.asp?u=4002&n=95135&pos=1

Last edited by soonercruiser; 21 Feb 2008 at 05:06 pm. Reason: add pic link
Old 21 Feb 2008, 06:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

I like the TYC lights myself but I would prefer the chrome to be black =/

Alright well ill just go with the gap and if anything I could figure out a trim on it to fill it up.

I live in Cali and if I could get away with these headlights below im sure I wont have any problems with the pt tail lights.

Mustang headlights before and after my accident same set but newer design on the second.

For the vizor is there anymore non drilling versions? I have seen the cali-cruizers one but they have horrible reviews. But I do like theirs more than the one I had posted above.

Right now im working with 800$ for customizing so I have been going all around the net for ideas. I do like the retro concepts but its not for me so I am going for a more sleek modern style.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 12:14 am
Cool Cruiser

Ive looked and looked myself, and i can tell you that no one offers any afterproduct headlamps as of yet. you can get smoked covers for the 06+, but thats about it.