LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Aug 2012, 07:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Nitro's PT Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
You mod the mini to the extreme and ignore the PT? Why
^^^^^^^Good Point!

I wanted to do a thread for FUN on the the projects I.... ops I meant the wife and I will be doing to the PT. Please keep in mind this is not going to be a technical thread in any way. Some of what we do may to some seem ridicules, un-practical, unreasonable, functionally questionable and down right insane but hey its our PT right? Besides all of us like to do things the way we want anyway.

Also a WARNING do not attemp to copy what we do to our PT unless you truley believe I know what I am doing and can duplicate the project in every detail. And I have been told so often in my life that I don't know what I am doing so maybe better just look at my pictures and have a good laugh on me with my fun with our PT.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 12 Aug 2012, 08:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Nitro's PT Cruiser

many of the project I start and post here may not always get finished in a timely manor. So you might have to pop in from time to time to see if that project of interest to you was finished or had some progress to it. Patients is a must because I am a procrastinator by every definition of the word on everything. And my attention span is very short on projects. It may be why I have so many of them?(unfinished all over the garage and house)

Inspired by this thread so I got one!

UltraGauge For All
UltraGauge For All
UltraGauge For All
UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool

Ok so now I need to weld it and do some cosmetic finishing.
compdr59 and Dream2PT like this.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 12 Aug 2012, 09:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I finally finished up my latest mods on my PT and boy she is really running fine!

Teekypt likes this.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 04:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I am thinking of getting a spare hood and doing a "for summer hood mod"? I can do a lot with this scoop for both cooling and air intake.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 13 Aug 2012, 06:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
I am thinking of getting a spare hood and doing a "for summer hood mod"? I can do a lot with this scoop for both cooling and air intake.

Everything but except make it look good for me. But as they say, you ain't got to please me. I love hood scoops but have had a hard time finding one with a shape that looks like it was borne that way on a pt. I have only seen two hoods I really like. Hey I'm sure you will do a first rate quality job. It's just me and my personal eye on style lines. No offence intended as always.JMHO

Danny
Dream2PT likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 13 Aug 2012, 06:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I actually like the hood scoops, just don't have any idea how they protect them from taking in water during rain and bugs, leaves, etc. I know you can screen it, but that doesn't keep out water. Would not want it raining on my engine. Any ideas on that?

Hey Nitro, is that a Katzkin steering wheel cover? Nice looking, needing one myself....
Old 13 Aug 2012, 07:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Everything but except make it look good for me. But as they say, you ain't got to please me. I love hood scoops but have had a hard time finding one with a shape that looks like it was borne that way on a pt. I have only seen two hoods I really like. Hey I'm sure you will do a first rate quality job. It's just me and my personal eye on style lines. No offence intended as always.JMHO

Danny
I would give it the attention to detail it deserves!
This scoop is rather large it is suppose to be a WRX on steroids scoop? What I have planned i need the extra room. This in my opinion was the best looking on the PT?
I looked at dozens of hood scoop and there really is nothing that fits a PT. Even the hood scoop combo available are not the hottest thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
I actually like the hood scoops, just don't have any idea how they protect them from taking in water during rain and bugs, leaves, etc. I know you can screen it, but that doesn't keep out water. Would not want it raining on my engine. Any ideas on that?

Hey Nitro, is that a Katzkin steering wheel cover? Nice looking, needing one myself....
Well as I said a Summer Hood. Some of the cowl scoops work well at weather protection and I actually thought about that but it just does not fit a a MOPAR. This scoop has nice lines and will serve its purpose with the project it is intended for. I think if I mold it and paint it the same body color it should blend in nicely?

The steering wheel cover came from china? It is a good quality leather, the the stitching is consistent and tight and the leather die is applied solid no running off on your hands. The really nice thing is the price. 12 bucks shipped.
It is easily compared to a $40+ cover. The trick is in the install. You need a wife with steady tiny figure's and a willingness to do the task!

Steering wheel cover
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160830283543...ht_4572wt_1140

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 13 Aug 2012, 08:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Gotta say, she did an excellent job!
Old 13 Aug 2012, 10:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

[QUOTE=NitroPT;443008]I would give it the attention to detail it deserves!
This scoop is rather large it is suppose to be a WRX on steroids scoop? What I have planned i need the extra room. This in my opinion was the best looking on the PT?
I looked at dozens of hood scoop and there really is nothing that fits a PT. Even the hood scoop combo available are not the hottest thing?

Yes, My point exactly. Yes I have no doubt that you will do first quality work. Knew that about you from your earliest posts. The recent posts evidence that I wasn't wrong in that assumption. Sorry I couldn't be supportive of the aesthetics of the project, but I bet it won't be boring in the execution.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 14 Aug 2012, 12:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

[QUOTE=Busted_PT;443045]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
I would give it the attention to detail it deserves!

Yes, My point exactly. Yes I have no doubt that you will do first quality work. Knew that about you from your earliest posts. The recent posts evidence that I wasn't wrong in that assumption. Sorry I couldn't be supportive of the aesthetics of the project, but I bet it won't be boring in the execution.
I suppose I will lose the sleeper look?

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN