Advertisements
Project El Cheepo v2.4

Like Tree223Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Aug 2015, 08:54 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Project El Cheepo v2.4

Competition's paying the price.

03 PT GT. DSI canned tune, Weight redux, MH Racemaster Slicks/Rota Slipstream 15" 11.95 at 118.41mph 1/4 mile
96 SOHC Neon Turbo
08 CSRT4. Realtune MS1K v1 pcm stg0 NSRT4 Injectors.
Old 15 Aug 2015, 09:00 am
Fanatic Cruiser

03 PT GT. DSI canned tune, Weight redux, MH Racemaster Slicks/Rota Slipstream 15" 11.95 at 118.41mph 1/4 mile
96 SOHC Neon Turbo
Old 22 Aug 2015, 12:15 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Had the old girl out to the track tonight. First run, had lotsa wheelspin (slicks at 20psi) the tracks printer was not working. My brother was in the stands said 13.66, couldn't remember the mph, I figure that was probably close with the wheelspin I had. Tried an email tune (Just the drivability tune that's sent before modifying the tune when comparing a Datalog) and it didn't feel right and my InTune froze up on this pass of course so no datalog. Boosted 10-14psi but was way lean -High 12-Low 13 AF/R. So decided to pull that tune for now. Put the canned 91 tune back in. By this time the car had idled at least an hour while I was setting up the failed datalog. So went out and did a heat soaked 13.77 @ 102.99mph. 2.168 60'. I called it a night as it was dark by then (Mufflers required after dark- Noise bylaw). I was happy with the outcome. I cannot really compare the weight reduction to before as I didn't cut the same 60', but the MPH did show some improvement, so happy for now. Now I just have to get the other tune dialed in.

96 SOHC Neon Turbo
Old 23 Aug 2015, 02:44 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Got my datalog this morning. Funny part is it felt better today lol.

96 SOHC Neon Turbo
Old 26 Aug 2015, 05:50 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Just a funny update I forgot to add from Fridays test and tune, I had not tracked the car since my latest weight reduction. I did some drivers seat weight reduction and in that removed the arm rest. I cannot believe how much I missed the arm rest. It honestly threw my whole night off LOL.
rob342 likes this.

96 SOHC Neon Turbo
Old 07 Sep 2015, 02:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Didn't do much today to the PT. The Power steering had Leaked all the oil out onto the hotside softpipe and made it even softer so I removed and replaced it. Its not pretty, but functions fine. T-bolt clamps, a rubber 90ish degree coupler, 5 or 6" of 2.25"piping and an old transport rad hose later and we are back in business. Put the 22" slicks on to gear it a little lower to try and get the 60' down. Just worried that its going to stage with the lower rad support.

Oh, I Also adjusted the sunroof, it was sitting slightly down causing a lip at the back.

96 SOHC Neon Turbo

Last edited by SPLNeon; 07 Sep 2015 at 02:47 pm. Reason: added pics
Old 07 Sep 2015, 03:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

How about cutting a piece of 1/4 plastic the shape of the sunroof and then attack with a couple of hardware simple brackets. You can have a Funny Car interior lift vent.
Old 07 Sep 2015, 04:25 pm
Veteran Cruiser

............ DP

Last edited by rob342; 07 Sep 2015 at 04:34 pm.
Old 07 Sep 2015, 04:34 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLNeon View Post
Just a funny update I forgot to add from Fridays test and tune, I had not tracked the car since my latest weight reduction. I did some drivers seat weight reduction and in that removed the arm rest. I cannot believe how much I missed the arm rest. It honestly threw my whole night off LOL.
i know the feeling. my mustang came with an arm rest delete panel, a feature i ALWAYS WANTED. now i miss the damn thing as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLNeon View Post
The Power steering
why do you still have power steering? cut/crimp at the rack and throw the pump, lines, and AC/PS belt in the garbage. no?

why not remove the hood weatherstrip? not for weight, but more air/more cooling.

im kinda surprised you left the parking brake and cabling.

from early thread reading a long time ago, i thought you were going to remove all the the HVAC crap and put the dash back so it looked not gutted at a glance. im suprised all that's all still in there. MY PT DASH is more gutted than yours. LOL

Last edited by rob342; 07 Sep 2015 at 04:41 pm.
Old 07 Sep 2015, 07:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Its never had power steering, the Previous owner had robbed the belt for another car, I just have not had the time to pull the pump, and associated lines. Same deal with the dash, its just been 1/2hr here, an hour there, so I have not gotten to the complete HVAC unit. That was the plan today to yank it, but I ran out of time that I had for playing cars :-( At the beginning, I was going to Pull as much as I could, then put the top dashpad back in so you couldn't tell just from looking at the car (windows are nice and dark), but I ended up selling the dash top and the rest of the Interior to a fellow PT Cruiser enthusiest locally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob342 View Post
i know the feeling. my mustang came with an arm rest delete panel, a feature i ALWAYS WANTED. now i miss the damn thing as well

why do you still have power steering? cut/crimp at the rack and throw the pump, lines, and AC/PS belt in the garbage. no?

why not remove the hood weatherstrip? not for weight, but more air/more cooling.

im kinda surprised you left the parking brake and cabling.

from early thread reading a long time ago, i thought you were going to remove all the the HVAC crap and put the dash back so it looked not gutted at a glance. im suprised all that's all still in there. MY PT DASH is more gutted than yours. LOL

96 SOHC Neon Turbo