Advertisements
new "BLING" for SOOO BIG

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ptprice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Oct 2015, 03:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default new "BLING" for SOOO BIG

Well, SOOO BIG deserves some "BLING" after his reincarnation. With that in mind I've tried to keep up with his wish list;
New Chrome Grill from Andy's Auto Sports. A real deal at $139.00 including shipping. I think it has a better, more massive appearance to it than the Chrome Grill that he originally had, included in the AEEP Factory Chrome Acent Group. I was happy to send that original two piece grill out to pasadenahotrod03Dreamer. He's put it to good use. It was still in pristine condition but the front bumper cover was shot. I couldn't afford the Mopar high price of over $900.00 for the complete bumper cover and grill assembly from Chrysler so I went with the standard cover and grill and achieved the Chrome look up front with this'n.
New Head Light Assemblies. SOOO BIG was stumbling around at night as his old assemblies had really gotten foggy. These were reasonably price from RockAuto at $94. 48 including shipping. An even better buy as the came with new bulbs all around.
I couldn't forget his rear end so I picked up a new set of Chrome Tail Lights. I found them on EBay from onebigoutlet and did a bit of comparison shopping to get a set for $79.00, shipping included. There were exactly the same tail lights on other sites for as much as $100.00 more. I guess it is a case of let the buyer beware. Always check for the best price. They were not only cheaper than even original replacement tail lights, they look a lot nicer and are much safer as they're quite a bit more visible during the day and at night.
Finally, SOOO BIG sports a New Mopar Rear Bumper Scuff Guard. A good buy from Steve White Motor's at $37.34 including shipping. Again a case of searching on EBay for the best price.
As SOOO BIG does yeoman work for friends all the time, the guard is a necessity. For instance, at times, he carries a portable scooter that I break down and load in back when taking a disabled friend out and about.
The only thing about the guard is that it has the look of babe in a white even gown wearing rubber waders.
I had an insert I popped out and saved from a new Winged Chrysler emblem that had been broken during SOOO BIG's reincarnation. I found a good place for it on the Vanity Cover. It won't interfere with grilling Cheese Sammiches or cookin' up Mac-n-Cheese entry's.
That's the list for now, some of it's "BLING" some of it's out of necessity. I'm happy and SOOO BIG's happy. Life is good in PT land. Whadaya think?
Happy PTin', ptprice
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chromed Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles/guards , PRND3-1 Bezel, Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim, 5 piece bumper trim. Cool Vanilla White shift ball, Leather tilt steering wheel, Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry. Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers. Back up Camera, 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 26 Oct 2015 at 07:28 pm.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 04:00 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: new "BLING" for SOOO BIG

Nice work. That grille is superb. I'm thinking I'll put the scuff pad on my wife's 02 Dream along with the factory mudflaps I found rather than on the 03 Dream as I had previously planned.
I will add a hoop spoiler to both the 02 Dream and the 02 Woodie Limited too.