PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Members PT Project

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Handy's New Turbo Convertible PT Project!

Like Tree1169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jul 2016, 08:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Handy's New Turbo Convertible PT Project!

Today things got pretty rough. On the way home from work I got a call from my daughter crying like all get-out. She'd been trying to cook in the kitchen and had somehow set a pan full of cooking oil on fire. She couldn't put out the fire so she called the fire department. They'd left when she called but now one of our two house cats (the dumb one) was missing I told her to put up the bull dogs in the bathroom in case the cat was out in the back yard. Silly cat.

But when I got home, the cat was back, nothing was burned but an old RevereWare pan and I had FOUR packages at the door. Two from Amazon and two from RockAuto.

It was all parts for my Vert that I already know I need.

First off, there was OIL coming out of the #3 plug on the ECM. That's gott'a be the infamous leaking oil pressure sending unit. I still can't believe it's able to push oil all the way up through the wire loom to the ECM. But it obviously does.

Next was a new left tail light. The little girl had "fixed" the broke one by putting a big piece of duct tape over the broken part.

And the bumper was not the only thing that the girl's brother destroyed while towing the PT home. I figure THIS is the first place he hooked the chain.

I went ahead and got an upper mount too. Might as well start out fresh. Also got a 6-pack of synthetic tranny fluid and a new Wix filter. They were cheaper than the local stores. Now all I need is a transmission and I'll be back on the road. Yeah, right!
ptprice and VsandFords like this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 07 Jul 2016 at 08:20 pm.
Old 07 Jul 2016, 08:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Good find. A great price on the trans. Did you get a clear title? if so your in great shape. if not a GT you can either go GT or stage it. I've been told the tuners only work on a GT or staged pt. Well I now see it's a lite. I would like to know if it true about the tuners not being comparable on the lite. I also got to know about that mount. ��

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 07 Jul 2016 at 08:43 pm.
Old 07 Jul 2016, 09:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Today things got pretty rough. On the way home from work I got a call from my daughter crying like all get-out. She'd been trying to cook in the kitchen and had somehow set a pan full of cooking oil on fire. She couldn't put out the fire so she called the fire department. They'd left when she called but now one of our two house cats (the dumb one) was missing I told her to put up the bull dogs in the bathroom in case the cat was out in the back yard. Silly cat.

But when I got home, the cat was back, nothing was burned but an old RevereWare pan and I had FOUR packages at the door. Two from Amazon and two from RockAuto.

It was all parts for my Vert that I already know I need.

First off, there was OIL coming out of the #3 plug on the ECM. That's gott'a be the infamous leaking oil pressure sending unit. I still can't believe it's able to push oil all the way up through the wire loom to the ECM. But it obviously does.

Next was a new left tail light. The little girl had "fixed" the broke one by putting a big piece of duct tape over the broken part.

And the bumper was not the only thing that the girl's brother destroyed while towing the PT home. I figure THIS is the first place he hooked the chain.

I went ahead and got an upper mount too. Might as well start out fresh. Also got a 6-pack of synthetic tranny fluid and a new Wix filter. They were cheaper than the local stores. Now all I need is a transmission and I'll be back on the road. Yeah, right!
I thought all you Arkansassans were resourceful, it looked like the ideal place for a tow hook! I guess Chrysler should have put a warning sticker not to do that

Glad to hear the house, pets and family members are ok after the fire

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
150k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 08 Jul 2016, 01:10 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Glad to see you back on the forum Todd!

Good find on your next project!
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 08 Jul 2016, 07:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Turbo "Lite" or GT?
Any pics of the former owner?
It's a turbo lite. Technically, a Touring Edition with the turbo option. But I've been collecting GT parts for six months and I already have a plan for that.
VsandFords likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 08 Jul 2016 at 07:47 am.
Old 08 Jul 2016, 01:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

Good to see you found a 'vert and your way back to the forum! I saw the add on Craigs list a while back. Glad you got a deal and help her out in process.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 08 Jul 2016, 02:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

Glad all worked out so well (house, car);
and your kindness to the seller is something she may always remember. Enjoy; and we all look forward to the project thread!
Old 08 Jul 2016, 05:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Yahoo! If I ever come upon a turbo PT Convertible under a grand and alive I will buy it. As I would a 2004 Dream.
Great buy, can't wait to see how nice you make it. I'll be doing the timing belt job on my 07 Pacific Coast Highway Street Cruiser pretty soon.
Old 09 Jul 2016, 04:55 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

are ya gonna get the nitro cams ? :P
Old 09 Jul 2016, 04:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob302 View Post
are ya gonna get the nitro cams ? :P
Is this the "original" Rob back on the forum
rob302 likes this.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
150k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93