Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Members PT Project

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Huge PT project by new member

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jun 2017, 09:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Huge PT project by new member

Ok so here's where we're at so far. I know very little about the car, it came from a wholesale auction. There was a new key cut for it according to the guy I bought it from. Doesn't remember if it had been programmed or not. There is also a grey key with it. The battery was junk from sitting so I pulled it and threw it in a charger. I jumped it with my suburban and no crank/click/nothing. I do get dash lights (dummy lights, constant flashing security, and power top work) windows do not go up or down. I get the no bus message in the odometer area. I tried the key dance to try and pull up some codes....no dice. The battery cables looks pretty crappy so I will be replacing them. I guess I need input now n where to start first, ecu, skim, or cluster?? First day under the hood and I'm already ready for a beer!!
Old 29 Jun 2017, 10:25 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Huge PT project by new member

Start by checking fuses!

2004 PT GT 5-Speed! Project "THE RIDDLER"!!!
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...t-5-speed.html
Old 13 Aug 2017, 12:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Checked fuses and didn't find any blown. I get power to the dash cluster, no "clicking" or anything from the starter. I'm not sure if I need to start at the pcm, bcm, or with the ignition key. The key I got with the vehicle looks to be a replacement key
Old 13 Aug 2017, 06:55 am
Veteran Cruiser

You need to start with the easiest things first. Get the battery load tested and check your battery cables and ALL of the grounds you can locate. Starting with the ones on the driver side fender.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Thomas Jefferson
Charlie
Old 13 Aug 2017, 10:30 am
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: Huge PT project by new member

what year and model PT is it you are working on?

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1989 Chevy Suburban 2500
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 13 Aug 2017, 05:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

It's a 2007 pt convertible, I hooked up jumper cables to it today and jumped the starter and got it to roll the motor over. The battery is old and krusty, the battery cables look to be in pretty poor shape. I just made room for it in the shop and plan to replace the cables and battery, I will clean up the grounds as well. With power to it I can get the dash to light up and the convertible top to go up and down but no stereo and the windows won't do anything. Is this a characteristic of a bad BCM?? Thank you for the responses so far, feeling confident that I will figure it out with help from the members here!!