2003 GT - "PT Salvage"

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Dec 2017, 12:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2003 GT - "PT Salvage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
FWD is near Houston too, in Tomball, so you could visit them too I think. Modern Performance used to sell Syked's stuff. Maybe Syked was/is too busy and couldn't fill the orders fast enough? I don't know. Anyway FWD is definitely still doing it. I have a couple of cores on the way to her now.

I think the Stage 1 adds just enough pep to the car to make it fun to drive and not sacrifice any reliability. I added the blue 'blow off' plate too. It's little more than a noisemaker but it has a nice sound.
Quote:
The 'tuner device', like the DiabloSport, when using the 93 Octane included tune, would give him almost the same tune as the S1...to the cost of around $400 for the cheapest tuner. He already has the core pcm to use, and the S1 programming at FWD is $125. Even with the injectors, he would likely not spend much over 200 for everything.

He could still throw on a DS in the future if he decided he wanted more, and using the S1 pcm, he would have a better base to start from. The stock NGC1 pcm in the 2003 has small, low resolution maps. The NGC3 pcm that is required for the S1, has much higher resolution maps for finer and more accurate tuning. So tuning done using a DS on the S1 base would actually be better than trying to build a custom tune for the lower resolution 2003 NGC1 pcm.
I think for now I'll stick with the Stage 1 from FWD Performance then. Being able to do the DS later is a bonus. Might pick up the blowoff plate as well, and do it at the same time as injectors since I'll be in there already.

Seriously, I am trying to reign myself in on the budget.... the money I spent on the Abarth... you would not believe. I definitely appreciate the advice, guys.
myckee likes this.
#1: 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth (MAD FIAT)
#2: 2003 PT Cruiser GT
Old 06 Dec 2017, 09:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I e-mailed sites two months ago and still have not received a reply...just fyi.
Old 08 Dec 2017, 05:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Looks like I might need new wheels. ... chrome is peeling badly.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-12-08 15.43.12.jpg (100.6 KB, 24 views)
#1: 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth (MAD FIAT)
#2: 2003 PT Cruiser GT
Old 09 Dec 2017, 03:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

Mine are peeling on the inside too. But the outside face of the wheel is still okay. From a few feet away you can't really see any bubbling. I have given up on finding a good set of them. I am okay with them looking good from a distance.
Old Yesterday, 04:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Mine are peeling on the inside too. But the outside face of the wheel is still okay. From a few feet away you can't really see any bubbling. I have given up on finding a good set of them. I am okay with them looking good from a distance.
Nitro just got a perfect set. Was to expensive to ship them. Or I would have got them.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com