Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Midwest PT Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New to all this:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jan 2011, 10:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default New to all this:

So i have no eral ideal how a forum works and i just brought home my 2002 P.T. Cruiser Touring Edition. I was wondering what everyone did to their Cruisers. So what was the first thing you did to yours?

Just kind of shopping around for ideas to personalize/improve my new car.
Old 22 Jan 2011, 10:58 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: New to all this:

Welcome to the forum.You will find some great info on here.The first thing I did to mine was add some chrome.I am still adding chrome little by little.
Old 22 Jan 2011, 11:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hello!
Welcome, yep, chrome

Karen and Lil' Nilla
Old 23 Jan 2011, 12:52 am
Senior Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum.

I'd say it's no different than talking to someone on the phone or in person. Use proper etiquette and you'll fit right in!

First thing I did was give it a good wash+wax. Afterward, I did some maintenance such as an oil change+tranny fluid flush+power steering fluid flush. Make sure everything's good to go before spending $$$ on anything else. You don't want a flashy yet broken down PT do ya?

Afterward, I swapped the spark plugs+wires and dropped a K&N. The rest is in my sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Kawi is a friggin genius!
Old 23 Jan 2011, 08:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf View Post
So I was wondering what everyone did to their Cruisers. So what was the first thing you did to yours?
Welcome to the forum. You have to be a little more pacific about what your looking for. What we did to take care of our car or what kind of modifications we've done?

Kawizx9r gave you an idea of what to do when you first bring your PT home. If your talking modifications (mods), take a look at the site I linked to below. When you click on it and it takes you to the site, hit "store" and then either "interior" or "exterior" and take a look at the mods that are available to customize your PT to your liking.

That doesn't mean you HAVE to customize your ride, but the warning we give new owners is that once you start, it's hard to stop.

Here's the link: www.raceandstreet.com
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 09:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

ROLLPAN!!!!!

Old 23 Jan 2011, 05:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you all for the welcome!

Cruisin, you're right that i wasn't very specific. I did that in part to isolate what kind of car gurus were on here. Some people are all about functioanlity, some about style/flash, and some about performance. Based on responces i now have a better idea on who will know the most about the parts i will need to research before making adjustments.

I intend to start with a very long bath, wax and interior detail job. But i've got some body damage to address before i get too into making her beautiful.

I guess my real question now is what mods or aftermarket adjustment did you guys make to improve the quality of your cruisers? And does anyone have a preference on brand when putting on struts?

Thanks to ALL!
Old 23 Jan 2011, 06:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'll post just a few pics, the list of modifications I've done to my cruiser is just too long to post here. Take a look at the photos, you'll see that almost every surface has something modified on it...

These PT's are really fun to modify and customize, and I've run mine through the ringer. I've not done any major body mods, you will find several here who have made a new car out of theirs, but I've got a lot going on either way. From custom badging to chrome brake pull, headlight trim to LED tail lights, BOV to back up camera, and lots and lots of chrome....
Old 05 Feb 2011, 03:29 am
Cool Cruiser

Welcome to the fourm!
Hood scoops, spoiler, stage 1, and on!!!!!!!!!
Once you start you keep going!
K & N Drop In, MSD 8.5 MM Wires, Hood Scoops, MOPAR Rear Spoiler, Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Scan Gauge, MOPAR Stage 1 Upgrade, AMX Intake Pipe, 225/50/16 Cooper Zeon RS3-A Tires on MB 16 X 7 Alpina Rims with MOPAR logo, Power Slot Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Air Box Oil Catch Can, GTS Head Light Covers, Cover Craft Front End Mask. "Coming Soon" AMX Intercooler Pipes, B Woody Mounts, Strut Bar, MOPAR Ground Effects Kit, Gold Line 2" Lowering Springs, KYB G2 Struts & Shocks, GT Instrument Cluster, Auto Stick Conversion
My Other Rides:
1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 340 Auto Sassy Grass Green Numbers Matching with Air Grabber
2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4X4 4.7L Auto Flame Red Stage 1 Jet Performance Chip, K & N
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition 4X4 4.0L Auto Inferno Red
Old 05 Feb 2011, 05:20 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Welcome to the forums and grats on the car!

First mods for me were...

Tailights
Headlight tints
Visor
and hood struts!

Haha I could continue through full progress but that would take awhile