Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Midwest PT Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hello From West Michigan w/ a few questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jun 2013, 10:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Hello From West Michigan w/ a few questions

Hello all as stated I am from West Michigan. As my s/n states my wife has an 07 PT Cruiser. It's a base model steel wheels no cruise control.

Thank goodness it will be paid off in October. We look to sell it soon after that as it does not suit our needs. We have a 98 Outback that gets better gas mileage and is simply more room.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the car it can fit 4 large people pretty comfortably but I'm disappointed with the fuel mileage. We haven't had many problems with it. I am just getting ready to do brakes the second time since she's owned it. Other than routine maintenance I am unaware of anything that she has had to do to it. I believe it needs a front wheel bearing(but that's for another thread)

My question to you guys is, do these cars typically sell at around KBB value, above, or under? I know Outbacks are typically under valued from KBB. I will be trying to decide a decent price before listing it for sale. (I know that all depends on condition etc.)

'07 PT Cruiser
82xxx Miles
Power Windows
Power Locks
Auto
2.4l
NO Cruise
Manual Seats
Clean Body
Interior Needs a good cleaning.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave
Old 17 Jun 2013, 10:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Hello From West Michigan w/ a few questions

Far as price goes depending on your location and clean and pretty sells. They will perform better than the outback because the outback is is over priced for the age. 5k for a 98 is out of reasonably priced vehicles in this year. The PT is not a lot more money and it's an 07. If your talking Legacy and gas mileage is rated the same. The impreza gets better 2 to 3 miles better than the other two but 2 k cheaper in book. It may be the smaller tank that leads you to feel your using more gas if you don't have any issues mechanically.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 17 Jun 2013, 11:05 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Hello From West Michigan w/ a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Far as price goes depending on your location and clean and pretty sells. They will perform better than the outback because the outback is is over priced for the age. 5k for a 98 is out of reasonably priced vehicles in this year. The PT is not a lot more money and it's an 07. If your talking Legacy and gas mileage is rated the same. The impreza gets better 2 to 3 miles better than the other two but 2 k cheaper in book. It may be the smaller tank that leads you to feel your using more gas if you don't have any issues mechanically.
I would normally agree with you argument but the Outback with regular maintenance will likely go over 200k miles. Maybe need a headgasket(known problem) but I know what to expect. I am still skeptical of Chrysler Corp.

I do have the Legacy Outback and you are correct they are rated the same by the EPA. However when calculating mileage on a per tank basis using the same pump every time. I get 26-27 with the Outback and 22(at best 22.5) with the Cruiser. I have gotten as good as 28 all back roads, and even 25 pulling a 1500 lbs trailer on those same roads.

We also have a baby on the way and she doesn't like the way the car seats sit in her seats(I have no clue I am only going with what she tells me). She works at a day care and has had many back there. So she plans on using my car when she has the baby. I would rather not drive a purple PT Cruiser.

For what I do I pull a trailer semi regularly as well so I may just get an older pickup w/o full coverage just liability and get rid of the trailer as well. Won't get great mileage but it will suit me better anyway, and insurance will be cheaper.

So that's where we are coming from.