Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Midwest PT Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 PT Cruiser 2.4 LE ECU files

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 May 2016, 01:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 PT Cruiser 2.4 LE ECU files

Hello all im in need of some pt cruiser tuning/remapping files, if anyone can help that would be exelent. Problem is both o2 sensors have low volts 31-37 codes

Last edited by Coinzer; 11 May 2016 at 01:54 pm.
Old 11 May 2016, 02:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 PT Cruiser 2.4 LE ECU files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coinzer View Post
Hello all im in need of some pt cruiser tuning/remapping files, if anyone can help that would be exelent. Problem is both o2 sensors have low volts 31-37 codes
Why do you think remapping will help? I wouldn't screw with the maps until I got rid of the CEL. Was there some mod that predicated your codes? Exhaust change perhaps? Dump the cats?
Old 11 May 2016, 03:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Light came on and gave 31/37 and i replaced both o2 sensors thats all that was done, and cleared the 31/37 codes and those 2 codes constantly come back.
Old 11 May 2016, 03:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coinzer View Post
Light came on and gave 31/37 and i replaced both o2 sensors thats all that was done, and cleared the 31/37 codes and those 2 codes constantly come back.
I don't think the ECU is your problem and if it is, I am not sure files or a remap will help. I think those codes are for how quickly they heat up. Look at the connectors. Look at all the wiring, particularly the grounds. Some new sensors are bad out of the box. I have read that some Bosch sensors have a different warmup parameter than can cause them to code. An exhaust leak could keep them from warming up fast enough., etc.
Old 11 May 2016, 03:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I would trace both the o2 sensor wiring to see if it is rubbed through somewhere. If good, check and clean all the grounds under the hood. Of that fails to solve the problem, you may have to get a reputable dealership to check the ecu.

Competition's paying the price.

03 PT GT. DSI canned tune, Weight redux, MH Racemaster Slicks/Rota Slipstream 15" 11.72at 116mph 1/4 mile
96 SOHC Neon Turbo
08 CSRT4. Realtune MS1K v1 pcm stg0 NSRT4 Injectors.

Last edited by SPLNeon; 11 May 2016 at 03:42 pm.
Old 11 May 2016, 04:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You can turn them off if you have a DiabloSport product.

To turn them off at the stock PCM you would need an PCM file access device like what Chrysler used called the *"Iintegrator". The *only surviving known one left is owned by Keven @ SykedTuning. They also can turn off your H02s as well but you would need to send your PCM to them.

http://sykedecutuning.com/store/index.php

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 11 May 2016 at 04:23 pm.
Old 11 May 2016, 04:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Even if you have a Diablosport Trinity or Intune, you will need someone with CMR or similar software to do a custom tune in order to disable the O2's. I don't know if older Predator U7134 for the 2.4 turbo had that capability or not. The older (un-updated) U7135 for the Hemi engine does. I have one.

Around 2010, someone at the Fed got after tuner manufacturers here in the US and some of them (not all) dropped the ability to disable emissions-related items from their software. Diablosport dropped them. But again, someone with the right custom tuning software can alter a tune to do this that can be loaded with a Diablosport handheld device. There's other ways to do this. But that's the deal with the Trinity and Intune.

PS: NitroPT, don't you have this software? I thought you did.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 11 May 2016 at 04:28 pm.
Old 11 May 2016, 04:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

No actually you can do it..

This is where some member's really need to spend hours practicing on their personal DS device and getting to know the people on a first name basis at DS. Or at least join the DS forum and help members and also learn lots of good information about the DS line of ECU/EFI/PCM devices. You would be very surprised how much you can do that is not in the manual/CD

Never the less I think this member is not wording what is really wanted.
The first response implies PCM/ECU/EFI calibration file sharing. This means that the OP may have another platform that this can be done among users of a device and shared program.
If it were not for that I would not have responded in this thread.

What I have is not an authorized original version of a CMR and the software.. So not to infringe on copy rights of a business that I talk to often I only use it for my own personal use.

I am not sure where the information about the the Federal Government imposing restriction with Computer calibration device manufacturing companies came from. I use 3 different companies and none ever needed to make changes or eliminated access to area of emission controls. *DiabloSport was one that did not here is why. If this was the case you would not be able to make even simple fueling or timing adjustments or re scale injectors which is one of the most common practices when upgrading engine output installing larger fuel injectors. As one of many examples I could give.

Technically speaking in any State you are not suppose to change any running aspect of the engine or drive-train which could effect or change the OE standard emission output in any way. So even in states where some have no State required emission testing the Federal guidelines state other wise. And we all know the Feds will always win if challenged.

If a member would care to PM (ONLY) this information about the 2010 guidelines set by the Federal Government I would be interested to read it.

*I just wanted to add that the 93 tune that comes standard in the DS devise supported, turns off the post H02/02 sensor.
Anyone that can access the OBDII dignostic connector can see post 02 N/A

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by CREWZIN; 11 May 2016 at 05:56 pm.