PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Midwest PT Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruisers of S.E. Michigan

 
Like Tree221Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #581 (permalink)  
Old 13 Sep 2018, 04:59 pm
My02RedRide's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 466
Default Re: PT Cruisers of S.E. Michigan

Man, I know that scenario all too well. While on the scoot or convert. Jill and I went to Lexington month or so ago in the convert and coming down M-25 (2 lane) was a Turd in a pick up family and all hauling a 5th wheel behind us. Guy ahead making a left turn and 3 cars including us stopped in plenty of time. Saw Mr. Turd barreling down on us and I tapped the brake light 5 or 6 times as a "Wake the F*ck Up A$$hole warning. Mr. Turd hit the skids and I told Jill.... HANG ON. Mr. Turd skidded into the shoulder to the right of us and stopped about mid passenger door. I turned and gave him the best "WHAT THE F" look for a couple minutes and held him up as cars ahead were well on their way. Gave Mr. Turd a single finger salute for his fine driving habits. Younger than I but didn't matter one flippin bit and doesn't matter anymore to me, If he wanted to dance I was READY with artillery. He backed WAY off from there down to Port Huron. Another reason giving up cycle riding after 45 years...

Ya gotta be CAREFUL out there... too many Turds on the road now a days. I will now step off my soap box and have a bourbon, thank you.
rckstein and the3dgm like this.
__________________

2002 PT 4 door Inferno Red
2008 PT Convertible Bright Silver
Reply With Quote
  #582 (permalink)  
Old 13 Sep 2018, 06:06 pm
rckstein's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,122
Default Re: PT Cruisers of S.E. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My02RedRide View Post
Man, I know that scenario all too well. While on the scoot or convert. Jill and I went to Lexington month or so ago in the convert and coming down M-25 (2 lane) was a Turd in a pick up family and all hauling a 5th wheel behind us. Guy ahead making a left turn and 3 cars including us stopped in plenty of time. Saw Mr. Turd barreling down on us and I tapped the brake light 5 or 6 times as a "Wake the F*ck Up A$$hole warning. Mr. Turd hit the skids and I told Jill.... HANG ON. Mr. Turd skidded into the shoulder to the right of us and stopped about mid passenger door. I turned and gave him the best "WHAT THE F" look for a couple minutes and held him up as cars ahead were well on their way. Gave Mr. Turd a single finger salute for his fine driving habits. Younger than I but didn't matter one flippin bit and doesn't matter anymore to me, If he wanted to dance I was READY with artillery. He backed WAY off from there down to Port Huron. Another reason giving up cycle riding after 45 years...

Ya gotta be CAREFUL out there... too many Turds on the road now a days. I will now step off my soap box and have a bourbon, thank you.
I've almost been rear ended several times, that's why I've taken about all the precautions that I can to add additional rear visibility to my PT.

I have a flasher added to the CHMSL which flashes 5 times when the brakes are first applied then stays steady red as long as the brakes are applied.

I've added an LED strip of brake light in the opening between the bottom of the rear hatch and the top of the bumper:



They also have white lights when the PT is in reverse:



The LED strip also has sections that I could have hooked up to flash half of the strip with each turn signal, but they would have flashed red and the turn signals are amber, so I didn't hook that function up.

Then I also have LED brake lights that flash 3 times when the brakes are first applied, then flash 3 times again if the brake has been applied for over a minute, kind of like a tap on the shoulder to the driver to remind them that I'm still stopped (the below video was taken before I added the LED light strip, that's why the strip doesn't appear in the video):

My02RedRide and the3dgm like this.
__________________

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Reply With Quote
  #583 (permalink)  
Old 14 Sep 2018, 01:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 515
Default Re: PT Cruisers of S.E. Michigan

Not super brake lights, but, already got a thumbs up from a Dark Blue PT going the other way.

IMG_0095_PTCL05.jpg

Platinum Flux wheels, Nexen 225/50r16 tires. The car rides even better than it already did!
__________________
The 'Blue Beast' 2010 Classic, 2.4L n.a. auto

Graphite Metallic 2004 Base, 2.4L n.a. 5-speed

Last edited by the3dgm; 14 Sep 2018 at 01:17 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #584 (permalink)  
Old 14 Sep 2018, 04:34 pm
My02RedRide's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 466
Default Re: PT Cruisers of S.E. Michigan

HOLY FAT TIRES BATMAN.... are those new?.... wow really like those rims, totally changes the look of the car... very nice. Same size tires / rims on the convert... speedo is spot on also.
__________________

2002 PT 4 door Inferno Red
2008 PT Convertible Bright Silver

Last edited by My02RedRide; 15 Sep 2018 at 01:03 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #585 (permalink)  
Old 14 Sep 2018, 04:40 pm
My02RedRide's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 466
Default Re: PT Cruisers of S.E. Michigan

On the convert I did replace the rear brake bulbs with some super bright LED's and the high mounted 3rd brake light is already LED but I like your idea RCKSTEIN with the LED strip. I put one on my scoot at the bottom of the trunk frame. The tombstone tail light has a board of like 18 LED's. At night the whole ass end is a glow in red.
rckstein likes this.
__________________

2002 PT 4 door Inferno Red
2008 PT Convertible Bright Silver
Reply With Quote
  #586 (permalink)  
Old 16 Sep 2018, 05:09 am
Bolero's Avatar
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 68
Default Re: PT Cruisers of S.E. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3dgm View Post
Not super brake lights, but, already got a thumbs up from a Dark Blue PT going the other way.

Attachment 29294

Platinum Flux wheels, Nexen 225/50r16 tires. The car rides even better than it already did!
What year is the PT ? Is this the original paint jot and what is it called ?
Reply With Quote
  #587 (permalink)  
Old 16 Sep 2018, 07:21 am
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 515
Default Re: PT Cruisers of S.E. Michigan

The last of it's kind, a 2010 PT Cruiser Classic Edition in it's original Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat.

Not quite as pretty in person, it has the usual door dings, rock chips, etc. that you would expect on a 100,000 mile car (actually, it just hit 104,000.)

There are other pictures of it throughout this thread.
__________________
The 'Blue Beast' 2010 Classic, 2.4L n.a. auto

Graphite Metallic 2004 Base, 2.4L n.a. 5-speed
Reply With Quote
  #588 (permalink)  
Old 16 Sep 2018, 07:53 am
rckstein's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,122
Default Re: PT Cruisers of S.E. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My02RedRide View Post
On the convert I did replace the rear brake bulbs with some super bright LED's and the high mounted 3rd brake light is already LED but I like your idea RCKSTEIN with the LED strip. I put one on my scoot at the bottom of the trunk frame. The tombstone tail light has a board of like 18 LED's. At night the whole ass end is a glow in red.
This is the strip I installed:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a double row and has 144 red LED's.
__________________

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Reply With Quote
  #589 (permalink)  
Old 16 Sep 2018, 12:57 pm
My02RedRide's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 466
Default Re: PT Cruisers of S.E. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
This is the strip I installed:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a double row and has 144 red LED's.
Thank you for the lead on where to get it. I love Amazon and have that strip in my basket.... one more doodad to add for EXTRA safety. I get the hebie geebies driving that car since it is in perfect condition that some A-wipe not paying attention will take it out. Riding the Harley is now pretty much a thing of the past anymore... just too many jack wads out there to make me feel uncomfortable..... thank you Mr. Cell Phone. I don't have a cell phone and DON'T WANT ONE.... yep, I'M ONE OF THEM and damn proud of it.
rckstein likes this.
__________________

2002 PT 4 door Inferno Red
2008 PT Convertible Bright Silver
Reply With Quote
  #590 (permalink)  
Old 16 Sep 2018, 01:39 pm
Bolero's Avatar
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 68
Default Re: PT Cruisers of S.E. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My02RedRide View Post
Thank you for the lead on where to get it. I love Amazon and have that strip in my basket.... one more doodad to add for EXTRA safety. I get the hebie geebies driving that car since it is in perfect condition that some A-wipe not paying attention will take it out. Riding the Harley is now pretty much a thing of the past anymore... just too many jack wads out there to make me feel uncomfortable..... thank you Mr. Cell Phone. I don't have a cell phone and DON'T WANT ONE.... yep, I'M ONE OF THEM and damn proud of it.
Do you have any pics of the PT Red One...? Would sure like to see ...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New from Michigan PT200 Welcome New PT Cruiser Members 9 27 Oct 2015 08:54 am
First Coast PT Cruisers 2013 Show - "Cruisers at the Landing" ramman PT Cruiser Events 0 12 Mar 2013 09:05 am
Hello from Michigan dewey68 Welcome New PT Cruiser Members 7 27 Apr 2012 03:41 pm
Michigan PT Cruisers? ucantcme General PT Cruiser Discussions 17 29 Jul 2010 02:41 pm
Calling all west Michigan cruisers adomeit Midwest PT Forum 2 13 Feb 2008 09:47 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 am.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors