LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Nov 2018, 04:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruisers of S.E. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Todd did that to one of his PT's, you can read his thread:

The Handy Rear Disc Brake Upgrade
Yep, I read that swap out a while back. The problem is finding the nicest whole axle assy in the yard.... most lately are nasty rusted... then add in the rotors and rear pads and the hassle of removing the center console to get to the park brake lever.... maybe come spring i'll take another looksee.

2002 PT 4 door Inferno Red
2008 PT Convertible Bright Silver
Old 05 Nov 2018, 04:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by My02RedRide View Post
Yep, I read that swap out a while back. The problem is finding the nicest whole axle assy in the yard.... most lately are nasty rusted... then add in the rotors and rear pads and the hassle of removing the center console to get to the park brake lever.... maybe come spring i'll take another looksee.
I read your prices in one of the other threads. I figured that the only way they could be that cheap is if everything is rusting hulks. Crazy Ray has been gashing me lately in MD.
Old 06 Nov 2018, 07:07 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
I read your prices in one of the other threads. I figured that the only way they could be that cheap is if everything is rusting hulks. Crazy Ray has been gashing me lately in MD.
I got lucky at the yard Saturday...place was busy. I found the like new condition boot in a trunk of a convertible. Went to pay and said it was a convertible top boot and the guy had a puzzled look and said it was an interior trim piece and said $5.99... I wasn't about to argue. The radio was $15 for any OEM radio hence the fancy touch screen ones in the 300 are gone in an instant. Perhaps a better way to get the rear disc set up is pulling the corner off the axle... should be 4 bolts holding to the axle, a brake hose and the park brake cable. Might be cheaper and easier to handle.

Old 11 Nov 2018, 05:07 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I seem to have gotten lucky myself, perhaps spent a tad more than Paul, but. . .

DC3_04_001.jpg

DC3_04_002.jpg

DC3_04_003.jpg

DC3_04_004.jpg

DC3_04_005.jpg

. . . I upgraded my '04! Yes, it is a Dream Cruiser 3, it's all there right down to the Dream Cruiser floor mats. I've only found three things that need fixed, the dash speaker on the driver's side doesn't work, the top vent on the left, center dash is broken, and the wipers only work on mist and pull, probably needs a MFS.

It was a daily driver, from Florida, and the interior needs detailed. The tires probably have another season left on them, but, I'll put on new tires in the spring.

A quick shout out to Handy Cruiser for some advise on two other PT's I was looking at that led me to this one. Thanks, Todd!!
rckstein and svtnos like this.

Graphite Metallic 2004 Base, 2.4L n.a. 5-speed
Old 11 Nov 2018, 05:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

Well done, DC3 is my favorite Dreamer. I had an overnite test drive of a brand new heavily discounted 5 speed but the sunroof, power seat combo didn't leave enough room for me.
the3dgm likes this.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 06:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3dgm View Post

. . . I upgraded my '04! Yes, it is a Dream Cruiser 3, it's all there right down to the Dream Cruiser floor mats....
The DC3 is very nice, love the 2-tone paint job and the blue glass!

PT History

"2004 Dream Cruiser Series 3 (DCS3) - Production was limited to 1,300 units. VIN numbers were reserved in a continuous sequence to enhance the model's collectability. The engine was the 220hp High Output Turbo. Equipment included was four-wheel ABS brakes, traction control, moon roof, rear spoiler, and AM/FM six-disc CD changer radio with Sirius satellite radio. Again, the only option was the four-speed Auto-Stick. The exterior color was an exclusive Midnight Blue and Bright Silver two-tone with blue tinted glass. The DCS3 also had chrome horizontal front grille accents, bright body side moldings, the "Dream Cruiser Series 3" lift-gate badge, and 17-inch chrome plated cast aluminum wheels. This was the only PT model ever produced with factory dual-exhaust. It was not true dual exhaust from the manifold back, rather the exhaust was split past the Catalytic converter into two discharge pipes with chrome tips."
the3dgm likes this.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 11 Nov 2018, 06:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jon View Post
Well done, DC3 is my favorite Dreamer....
My favorite is the DC2 because of the color

the3dgm likes this.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 11 Nov 2018, 08:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3dgm View Post
I seem to have gotten lucky myself, perhaps spent a tad more than Paul, but. . .

Attachment 29498

Attachment 29499

Attachment 29500

Attachment 29501

Attachment 29502

. . . I upgraded my '04! Yes, it is a Dream Cruiser 3, it's all there right down to the Dream Cruiser floor mats. I've only found three things that need fixed, the dash speaker on the driver's side doesn't work, the top vent on the left, center dash is broken, and the wipers only work on mist and pull, probably needs a MFS.

It was a daily driver, from Florida, and the interior needs detailed. The tires probably have another season left on them, but, I'll put on new tires in the spring.

A quick shout out to Handy Cruiser for some advise on two other PT's I was looking at that led me to this one. Thanks, Todd!!
DAMN, you beat me to that car.... I was looking at that one also. Florida car can't beat that. Lucky you.
the3dgm likes this.

Old 11 Nov 2018, 09:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by My02RedRide View Post
DAMN, you beat me to that car.... I was looking at that one also. Florida car can't beat that. Lucky you.
Next time we get together I'll tell you the tale of how you almost got it because I wasn't going to text her!

Old 11 Nov 2018, 10:55 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
The DC3 is very nice, love the 2-tone paint job and the blue glass!

PT History

"2004 Dream Cruiser Series 3 (DCS3) - Production was limited to 1,300 units. VIN numbers were reserved in a continuous sequence to enhance the model's collectability. The engine was the 220hp High Output Turbo. Equipment included was four-wheel ABS brakes, traction control, moon roof, rear spoiler, and AM/FM six-disc CD changer radio with Sirius satellite radio. Again, the only option was the four-speed Auto-Stick. The exterior color was an exclusive Midnight Blue and Bright Silver two-tone with blue tinted glass. The DCS3 also had chrome horizontal front grille accents, bright body side moldings, the "Dream Cruiser Series 3" lift-gate badge, and 17-inch chrome plated cast aluminum wheels. This was the only PT model ever produced with factory dual-exhaust. It was not true dual exhaust from the manifold back, rather the exhaust was split past the Catalytic converter into two discharge pipes with chrome tips."
I've read the NW Cruiser's History before. My only question is where they got the dual exhaust being stock on the car from, mine doesn't have it and I've read no other description, in my research, of the DCS3 that ever mentioned it. Perhaps it was intended and never happened or maybe something they added it later on in the production run? I've never even seen a picture of a DCS3 with dual exhaust.

Yes, the DCS2 is pretty, but, as a 70 something the more conservative DCS3 suits me better!