PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Non-PT Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Apr 2014, 03:35 am
Veteran Cruiser

Exclamation Nobody told me there'd be days like these...

And now, we return you to our M$ horror-story, already in progress...

I was working late, as tonight was supposed to be "routine updates and image backups of half a dozen workstations" [cue: theme from Twilight Zone] ... My comments are as "Baba O'Riley" - TWENTY PAGES IN...

** I mention this as a public service - if you happen to be running Windows 8.1, I suggest HOLDING OFF on installing any Windows updates for another week or so!!
Old 12 Apr 2014, 08:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Nobody told me there'd be days like these...

Those aren't failures, those are unadvertised features...
'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 12 Apr 2014, 09:11 am
Banned

Is this some sort of spam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandroller View Post
And now, we return you to our M$ horror-story, already in progress...

I was working late, as tonight was supposed to be "routine updates and image backups of half a dozen workstations" [cue: theme from Twilight Zone] ... My comments are as "Baba O'Riley" - TWENTY PAGES IN...

** I mention this as a public service - if you happen to be running Windows 8.1, I suggest HOLDING OFF on installing any Windows updates for another week or so!!
Old 12 Apr 2014, 09:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
Is this some sort of spam?
Why would it be SPAM Busa. It's in the Non-PT Discussions about Windows 8. Now if you want to talk SPAM, check out the No#8 post in this thread.

Vibration problem
RedLimited likes this.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 12 Apr 2014, 10:42 am
Veteran Cruiser

you might have a look here. it's not for windows 8, but may still help you.

How To Fix ERROR_NOT_FOUND 080070490 During Windows 7 SP1 Installation

using this as a template and tweaking the commands ALWAYS works for me. seems you're smart, so it may work for you too.

Last edited by rob342; 12 Apr 2014 at 10:47 am.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 02:32 pm
Banned

Welcome back, I see you are back to your cranky ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Why would it be SPAM Busa. It's in the Non-PT Discussions about Windows 8. Now if you want to talk SPAM, check out the No#8 post in this thread.

Vibration problem
Old 12 Apr 2014, 02:53 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Red face Re: Nobody told me there'd be days like these...

<~~~~~ Still running Vista Home Premium just fine!!!
Old 18 Apr 2014, 07:42 am
Veteran Cruiser

Get yer popcorn! Decline and fall of western civilization, right here...

What does it tell you when the 2004 operating system in your car is 100% more reliable than the 2014 operating system in your home computer?

PS: I did manage to cobble together a homebrew fix for my office workstation - but to do it took a total of SIXTEEN HOURS. So the repair cost our company more than twice what the original Windows 8 license cost in the first place!

And still hundreds of people on that thread can't get it working for them - more than a week later and micro$oft still has not issued a hot-fix, nor admitted responsibility for the disaster! That forum thread is up to 20,000 hits of user frustration...

Last edited by rockandroller; 18 Apr 2014 at 07:48 am.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 08:07 am
Veteran Cruiser

and that's not the ONLY 20,000 hit complaint thread :-)

see Windows - Microsoft Community

and

Windows - Microsoft Community

for more win8.1 update woes.

Ten days, and no fix YET...

A typical comment:

Dear Vivian Samartha

I installed Windows 8.1 update (KB 2919355) and it did not allow me to go on Internet explorer.

The known issue of this update was that when I go on IE, Internet explorer closes automatically and I already hated that. I will never install that update anymore. Microsoft should have been in trouble and they should understand that we are going with Ubuntu once Windows 9 comes out.

Please, I really want this update to be fully tested and I want Microsoft to suspend KB 2919355 as soon as possible. If you blame on me that It is my fault, I'm going with mac or linux as soon as possible. I will not even go on the internet at all.

I hate when Microsoft sends me a update which causes our systems to break down, so I plan to go with Linux around 2016, you will not be getting any cash from me and one of our family.

Here is the deal, if Microsoft wants to make over $6-7K from me on Windows 9 Migrations, you have to pay more attention to quality control over security updates. I'm not going with Microsoft anymore if you create more problems on Windows 8.1 update 1. I'm going with ubuntu around 2016, not Microsoft anymore.

Please fix Windows 8.1 update 1 because it is full of problems. I never trust Microsoft when they give me problems with updates. No more Windows 9, no more DirectX 12, No more Outlook, No more profits from Office 365 and no more money from me anymore because you give IE problems when I installed Windows 8.1 update 1.

What I'm supposed to get with Windows 8.1 update 1? I'm supposed to get more bug fixes, not problems with updates. I really want you to test this update for me because you are not making $6K or 7K from me anymore. We are not going with Windows 9 and I will go with Ubuntu. I hate Microsoft's problems with updates.

Do not expect me to go with Windows 9 if you do not put 100% quality control over security update manufacturing process. Microsoft lost 1-2% of customers when you created more problems with security updates. The reason why I was still trusting Microsoft because they were not giving me problems with Windows 8 updates until now.

Microsoft is a devices/services company, not problem updates company.

Please fix problems that occurred with Windows 8.1 update 1 right now or I'm getting linux on every P.C. we use as quickly as possible.

Hope you understand
Old 18 Apr 2014, 09:18 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post

Vibration problem
LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 18 Apr 2014 at 09:20 am.