Like Tree455Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 May 2016, 01:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Post a Pic of Your Latest Purchase - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve1 View Post
Handy, you mention your next project will be a convertible, here's what I did:

Yeah, Steve. That's exactly what I was thinking. I read a post about doing that a while back. I guess that was you. Awesome job! I would have never thought of that myself. But I do plan to imitate it if I get the chance.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 18 May 2016 at 01:46 pm.
Old 18 May 2016, 03:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
........ a convertible, here's what I did:

A simple upgrade that a few of us did to improve the MOPAR sub box.

Rockford Fosgate Punch #P3SD@-8
sorry only have the box it came in the speaker is mounted in the PT Cruiser sub box.

Handy_Cruiser likes this.

ADHD=Auto Detailing & Hotrodding Dude
Old 18 May 2016, 03:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

ToddI I see you "liked" my response. ...you would "like" more if you swap out the speaker. I know this because you are The Saxman and love your music.

Old 18 May 2016, 03:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
A simple upgrade that a few of us did to improve the MOPAR sub box.

Rockford Fosgate Punch #P3SD@-8
sorry only have the box it came in the speaker is mounted in the PT Cruiser sub box.
Thanks, Lynn.

I remember you discussing this in the past. I believe Busa may have done this upgrade too. But I forgot the part number for the replacement speaker. Great info.

To me the OEM Mopar sub setup works very well as-is to balance out the stock 2001 thru 2005 PT system as long as the front speakers from 2003 and later PT have been replaced with the 2001/2002 OEM premium speakers.

However, I've really been enjoying the aftermarket system I installed in my Charger. And if I do go that rout, I may do a similar upgrade. Based on the specs on that RF shallow sub speaker, I will see if Kicker has anything similar.
Old 18 May 2016, 04:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Good memory. It was BUSA that originally suggested the PUNCH speaker.He and I had talked a bit about what we used for different cars in the past via pm and he turned out to be a rather "into" audiophile. The only thing is that the tiny amp with the sub kit tends to clip the speaker if you use to much volume. But it does help blend and balance the much missing and needed bass response.

The other picture of the 12" Pioneer sub woofer I posted in this thread is for another sub-woofer project with limited space. I was using my upgraded Bass Tube EL104 between my MINI and the PT. This is a PIA swapping, securing and connecting up every time I want it in on or the other. I have it set up on its own amp and AudioControl LC2iB 2-channel line output converter to make the swap as simple as possible. But it is still a 20 minute job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
I will see if Kicker has anything similar.
I am sure they do!

Handy_Cruiser and uncomn like this.

Last edited by NitroPT; 18 May 2016 at 04:55 pm.
Old 19 May 2016, 02:18 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Handy, you mention your next project will be a convertible, here's what I did:

"njsteve1" is that your vert in the pic or did you just borrow the pic from Ebay? It's the same pic as in this Ebay ad:

PT Cruiser 8" Subwoofer 80 Watt Digital Amplifier Crossover Chrysler Speaker | eBay

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
140K Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '83 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 19 May 2016 at 09:04 am.
Old 19 May 2016, 06:47 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
"njsteve" is that your vert in the pic or did you just borrow the pic from Ebay? It's the same pic as in this Ebay ad:

PT Cruiser 8" Subwoofer 80 Watt Digital Amplifier Crossover Chrysler Speaker | eBay
Yep my car. I guess they stole my pic.

2004 Dream Cruiser / 5 speed Traded for 12 Veloster
2003 GT / Blue / Auto /sold
2001 Touring/ Silver / 5 speed /sold on E Bay
Old 22 May 2016, 09:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

This weekend I order two gauges for my pillar pod project. These electric Jegs gauges, with the included aluminum-finished rings, should match the OEM stock instrument cluster pretty well in my Charger Daytona. I'll use some yellow caps on the bulbs to get that cool yellow back-lighting. And the yellow Jegs logo will match well too.

I also ordered a replacement power window switch for my Dodge Ram Quadcab truck.

VsandFords likes this.
Old 22 May 2016, 03:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Well, after much study and pontification, I decided to the pull the trigger on a AEM 30-4110 Wideband kit.

The little cheap Chinese $29 Wideband gauge I bought will work. But it doesn't have the ability to independently drive a wideband oxygen sensor. It seems to have been designed for little foreign cars that already use a wideband sensor for fuel management. In that case it would just be a matter of tapping into the right feed to the PCM. And it would might also work okay if I was already using a wideband module like Diablosport sells for data logging with a Trinity.

Ironically, using the wideband to data log is one of my two primary reasons for wanting one. And this very nice AEM kit has digital outputs for direct laptop data logging and analog outputs that will work plug and play with the Trinity. This adds air/fuel ratio right in with the other things on the Trinity data log.

And my other reason for wanting one was the "wow factor" for bragging and potential future sale of the car. And this gauge not only has the features I want, it will also match the OEM cluster and other gauges as well. So they should all look very good and impressive together.

PS: The only thing that this AEM wideband kit did not have that I wanted was a yellow digital readout. Both APSX and Innovate make similar wideband kits with yellow digital readout gauges. However, both of these have some poor feedback on quality and durability. The AEM seems to have much better feedback over all. While not a top-shelf brand, the AEM is likely the much better brand in the class and price point I'm looking at.

Also, these AEM wideband gauges are common enough that there are folks that make custom overlays for the face plates. This means you can get silver overlays to match PT GT gauges and get them with the "M" Mopar logo as well.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 22 May 2016 at 03:51 pm.
Old 22 May 2016, 03:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

well well you learn quick..
I have at least 2 of those maybe three cant remember I have so many performance parts from various projects and current and past cars etc. ^^^
I am pretty sure I posed pictures of the 02 MCS and the PT's pillar with them?
Yup..bragging but than actually we who know things use quality parts the first time around when modding a vehicle!

I would not believe everything from internet about feedback from people that buy and install their own parts! AEM works very well and has for years.

If people want to know what the best parts are go to more Track days and see what the Pro's run! It is a real eye opener and lessen!!

Last edited by CREWZIN; 22 May 2016 at 05:29 pm.